Ingram Engineering EQ52 500-Series Equalizer
The Ingram Engineering EQ52 500-Series Equalizer is a 500-series equalizer module that contains extremely versatile and musical sounding low cut, high cut, and see-saw filters. The unique see-saw filter contains a combined low and high frequency control that allows broad frequency response adjustments with a single control knob. These key filter functions are provided with a simple and intuitive user interface.
The unit features differential input and output. Both input and output can operate in differential or single-ended, unbalanced modes. A high current, cross-coupled active output buffer mimics the behavior of a transformer, providing constant gain for balanced or unbalanced operation, when either the positive or negative output signals are grounded. Therefore, the output can drive differential or single ended output with no extra user configuration needed.
The simple controls and circuit layout belie the finely tuned and expertly engineered design. Extremely high input common mode rejection capability is realized, even down to critical power supply frequencies. High qualify film caps, low distortion resistors and excellent quality integrated active stages realize a high headroom, low noise, and low distortion equalizer with superb audio quality that is ideal for individual tracks or for mixing and mastering stereo signals when the modules are used in pairs.
Ingram Engineering EQ52 500-Series Equalizer Features
- Low Cut Filter: 50 Hz to 5 kHz in two ranges, continuously adjustable
- See-Saw Filter: simultaneous bass boost / treble cut and vise versa
- See-Saw pivot frequency switchable from 120 Hz to 26 kHz in two ranges
- 8 dB max See-Saw cut / boost
- High Cut Filter: 3 kHz to >200 kHz continuously adjustable
- Low and high cut filters use gentle and musical -6 dB / octave
- Balanced input and output
- Unity gain, with output driving either balanced or unbalanced
- Input impedance: 48k Ohms differential
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms differential
- Max input level: +20 dBu
- THD: 0.002 % Typ at +20 dBu
- CMRR: 90 dB Typ at 60 Hz
- Noise: -96 dBu
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review