Heritage Audio MCM-8 Summing Mixer
The Heritage Audio MCM-8 Summing Mixer is a new 8 slot 500-Series enclosure with 10 channel mixing capabilities. Similar to the MCM-8 the MKII features a lower noise floor and bypass switch for each slot that leaves the summing mixer functions enabled.
The ON SLOT TECHNOLOGY takes advantage of last generation power electronics to handle power supply on a per slot basis. Each slot has its own power supply linear regulation stages; therefore modules are isolated from the rest. They just share the metal enclosure. With literally hundreds of brands making 500-Series modules, Heritage Audio thinks this is the professional way of handling this reliably, eliminating issues often associated with sharing power between different modules of different brands and natures.
Each slot features test LEDs for checking correct power operation (red for +16v, green for -16v), located aside of the slot connector. Thanks to the use of OST, the power capability of the MCM-8 is 400mA per rail per slot maximum, with an overall of 1.4A (1.6A non continuous) per rail, whichever is reached first. Phantom power available is 140mA total.
The RAF Blue Gray enclosure is made out of heavy gauge steel with an aluminum front panel. There are Pan and Fader controls per slot on dual concentric potentiometers. Pan pots are center detent for precise center positioning. Features include an ON switch to assign each channel to the Mix Bus.
The Mix Bus follows a passive, voltage summing topology, similar to that found in the 80 Series consoles of the 70s. The gain loss is restored by the same Class A, 2n3055 driven, transformer based output stage used in the Heritage Audio 1073. An additional Stereo Input is provided on the back of the unit, allowing several MCM-8 units to be daisy chained, or signals not needing further 500 series processing to be mixed together.
The central section has analog VU meters and a Stereo Master fader. Connections are made by means of both gold plated XLRs and DSUB25 Input and Outputs, with Standard Tascam protocol.
Heritage Audio MCM-8 Summing Mixer Features
- 8-Slot 500 Series Chassis with integrated 10-channel summing mixer
- Mix Bus with vintage Neve-style passive voltage summing topology
- Additional stereo input on the back panel allows several MCM-8s to be daisy chained
- Central section sports analog VU meters and a Stereo Master fader
- Handles power supply on a "per slot" basis, isolating each module from the rest
- Gold-plated XLRs and DSUB25s handle your I/O
- 140mA total available Phantom power
- Class A transformer-based output stage
Heritage Audio MCM-8 Summing Mixer Mixer Specifications
- Channel Input Impedance: 20 Kohm.
- Maximum level input: +22dBu
- Maximum output level: Greater than +26dBu into 600ohm. Frequency response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz
- THD + N: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output (80kHz bandwidth) into 600Ω.
Heritage Audio MCM-8 Summing Mixer Rack Specifications
- On Slot Technology
- Maximum audio rails current: 1.6A per rail, or 400mA per rail per slot, whatever is reached first.
- Maximum phantom power current: 140mA.
- Operating voltage: 100-240 VAC.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review