The Heil PR-30B Drum Overhead Microphone has developed quite the reputation as a fantastic overhead drum microphone! The PR-30B is basically a PR-30 in a matte-black finish with red mesh grills, designed for drum overheads.
Everything you love about the Heil PR-30 is incorporated into the Heil PR-30B. The only difference is the PR-30B mic comes in a beautiful matte-black finish, with red mesh grills. The same magnet composition as the Heil PR-30 (neodymium, boron and iron), works with the large element to produce a smooth, flat, response throughout the entire wide frequency range.
The Heil PR-30B Drum Overhead Microphone microphone (like the PR-30), has a hum bucking coil, in addition to the large shock-mounted diaphragm. The PR-30B is also included in the HDK-7 and HDK-8 Drum Mic Kits and it’s finish matches the other mic’s included in the HDK series.
Heil PR-30B Drum Overhead Microphone Features
- Largest dynamic element available
- Smooth response sounding like a ribbon
- Wide frequency response
- Articulate natural mid range
- Perfect for broadcast studios
- Absolute best guitar amp microphone
- Properly positioned hum bucking coil and heavy steal case insure maximum shielding
- Assembled and tested in Illinois
Heil PR-30B Drum Overhead Microphone Specifications
- Output Connection: 3 pin XLR
- Element Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz – 18 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Rear Rejection @ 180 degrees off axis: -40 dB
- Impedance: 370 ohms balanced
- Output Level: -51 dB @ 1 kHz
- Weight: 9 oz
- Max SPL: 146 dB
Heil PR-30B Drum Overhead Microphone Includes
- PR-30B Drum Overhead Microphone
- Microphone clip
- Foam-Fitted Protective Box
- Mic Screw Adapter
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
My only experience on this one so far is being able to use it on snare top/bottom and guitar cabs. On these sources, it is a great addition to make these elements fit exactly where you want them in the mix!
I purchased a PR-30 to complement a PR-40 and it's SUPERB!
Ryan has been taking great care of me since the very beginning. I owe a huge thank to Damian for introducing us to one another. The microphone was reviewed thoroughly by my rep, priced wonderfully, sounds fantastic, and came promptly. What else can you ask for?