The Granelli Audio Labs G5790 Dynamic Microphone maintains the same, tried-and-true sound of the venerable Shure SM57, but incorporates a heavy-duty all metal 90-degree elbow which maintains the cavity volume critical to maintaining the same exact performance of the SM57. Improve your mic-placement options on drums, guitar amps, and bass cabinets thanks to the reduced footprint of the Granelli Audio Labs G5790 Dynamic Microphone. Plus, you'll reduce the chances of an unexpected encounter with a musician's cathartic release on-stage or in the studio. Front End Audio loves the Granelli Audio Labs G5790 Dynamic Microphone!
The Granelli Audio Labs G5790 Dynamic Microphone uses brand new Shure SM57s and inserts a custom-made aluminum part with an acoustically-engineered internal sound path. The result is a microphone that maintains the SM57's renowned durability and familiar tone while increasing functionality. The Granelli Audio Labs G5790 is the mic you've always loved - with the mod you've always needed. The G5790 is a real SM57 modified to turn 90 degrees. Granelli Audio Labs uses brand new Shure SM57s and inserts a custom-made aluminum part with an acoustically-engineered internal sound path. The result is a microphone that maintains the SM57's renowned durability and familiar tone while increasing functionality.
Giving Engineers an Edge
The G5790 gives engineers more options when miking crowded drum kits, allowing them to choose a position that minimizes unwanted bleed and does not obstruct the drummer. It also creates a neater appearance and takes up much less space on stage when miking speaker cabinets, percussion, and a number of other sources.
Changing the Shape, Not the Sound
Inside the handle of the SM57 is a small acoustic chamber that affects the tone of the microphone. Granelli's patent-pending design manages to change the shape of this chamber without increasing the air volume. That is critical to keeping the sound that engineers know and trust. Granelli did not adjust the frequency response, alter the pickup pattern, or change any other components inside the microphone. It's still the mic engineers love, with the mod it's always needed.
Durability and Quality
The part that Granelli has added is machined out of a solid block of aluminum and then threaded into the original microphone's body. Their modifications are done by hand without the use of power tools, welding, or any other process that may harm the original microphone. Each unit is individually tested after modification, and guaranteed by a two-year warranty.
Granelli Audio Labs G5790 Dynamic Microphone Features
- "A near perfect match" on axis frequency response (Per Shure)
- Improves mic placement - especially on drums
- Reduce unexpected mic movement on guitar and bass cabs due to encounters with musicians
Granelli Audio Labs G5790 Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Microphone Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.
- Frequency Response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
- Sensitivity (at 1000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -56.0 dBV/Pa (1.6 mV)
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150Ω (310Ω actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance.
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Case: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast steel with a polycarbonate grille and a stainless steel screen.
- Swivel Adapter: Positive-action, break-resistant, adjustable through 180°, with standard 5/8 in.-27 thread
Granelli Audio Labs G5790 Dynamic Microphone Includes
- G5790 Dynamic Microphone
- Mic Clip
- Zipper Pouch
- Two Year Warranty
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Does what it is supposed to. I use these on snare and guitar cabs. Easy to place on a single guitar speaker cab next to a large ribbon mic.
An SM57 is hard to beat on snare and electric guitar cabinets. I've tried. This simple design makes it even more usable.
This is exactly what I've been looking for! If you love the SM57 but find it difficult to place without getting in the way of the hi hat or toms, this is the mic for you.
Sounds like a 57 should and fits where I need it to. Great!