elysia xpressor Compressor
The elysia xpressor Compressor is an extremely versatile stereo compressor with many unique features taken from elysia's flagship products, you not only get great compression, but an amount of control on processing which is hardly ever experienced elsewhere.
You're looking for a stereo compressor. You want pristine sound and can't accept compromise in terms of signal quality. You don't want a one trick pony, but a flexible machine that covers all the standards and then some. And ruining yourself in order to get it is not really an option...
You're looking for the xpressor. Its discrete audio path running in constant class-A mode combines a clear and open sound with a good lot of punch. The clearly laid out functions get you going straight away, while the extended features let you treat dynamics like never before.
Stereo buss compression, processing single signals, approaching dynamics in creative ways the xpressor shines in many different applications. And should you take your equipment on the road, you'll certainly enjoy the rigid full aluminum enclosure cutting weight into half.
elysia xpressor Compressor Features
- Discrete Class-A Topology: As a true elysia specialty, the audio path of the xpressor 500 is completely based on discrete circuitry and does not use any integrated circuits at all.
- Auto Fast Attack: Inspired by its big brothers: the switchable semi automation for a perfect attack on the basis of the value set by the user.
- Log Release: This alternative characteristic of the release curve follows a logarithmic course instead of the standard linear progress and results in a very gentle kind of compression.
- Negative Ratios: The characteristic curve bends and goes back down! Heavy pumping, backward sounds, etc. perfect for very cool compression effects.
- Parallel Compression: Mixing direct and compressed signals. Available directly on the unit: the direct and the compressed signal can be blended in any desired relation by simply turning the mix controller.
- Sidechain Filter: Frequency selective compression. A tunable low cut filter in the sidechain of the xpressor 500 avoids overcompression and pumping when there is a lot of low end energy in the mix.
- Gain Reduction Limiter: Ultimate control on the compression process. This novel limiter is not placed in the audio path as usually, but restricts the control voltage of the compressor instead.
- Warm Mode: Transparency? Saturation? Both! The xpressor 500 offers a second switchable sound flavor by altering its frequency spectrum, harmonics and transient response.
- Analog Dynamic LED Meter: The gain reduction meter modulates its LEDs in their brightness in order to show the action of the compressor in an analog way: fast and with smooth transitions.
- Stepped Potentiometers: All potentiometers on the xpressor 500 have 41 steps, which is a great help for recalling your previous sessions fast and precisely.
- Made in Germany: High grade components, solid aluminum knobs.
elysia xpressor Compressor Specifications
- Frequency response: <10 Hz - 400 kHz (-3.0 dB)
- @ 0 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 0 %: 0.002 %
- @ 0 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 100 %: 0.006 %
- @ +10 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 0 %: 0.003 %
- @ +10 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 100 %: 0.056 %
- Noise floor:
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz (A-weighted): -94 dBu
- Dynamic range:
- 20 Hz - 22 kHz: 115 dB
- Maximum level:
- Input: +21 dBu
- Output: +21 dBu
- Input: 10 kOhm
- Output: 68 Ohm
elysia xpressor Compressor Includes
- xpressor Compressor
- User Guide / Owners Manual
- IEC Power Cable
- 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
elysia xpressor Compressor Downloads
- elysia xpressor Compressor User Guide / Owners Manual (PDF)
- elysia xpressor Compressor Recall Sheet (PDF)
- xpressor Demo - WAV files - 14 tracks @ 88MB (ZIP)
- xpressor Demo - MP3 files - 14 tracks @ 8MB (ZIP)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review