elysia karacter 500 500-Series Device
The elysia karacter 500 500-Series Coloring Box is a box full of vibrant colors. It covers a complete spectrum including mastering-grade saturation, tube-inspired distortion and glorious destruction.
Gone are the days when only racks full of outboard gear could achieve these elusive and highly desirable styles of tonal coloration... This all-in-one solution offers two separate channels which can be set up for dual mono, linked stereo or linked and unlinked M/S operation. Integrated mix stages for parallel signal processing and the unique Color Control add to its remarkable flexibility.
The entire unit is designed with discrete class-A topology, so even the most lo-fi sounds will benefit from the karacter's high-end touch. Enhance your tracks or decimate everything - It's a matter of karacter!
elysia karacter 500 500-Series Device Features
- Discrete Class-A Topology
- The input and output stages as well as the complete audio path are fully discrete designs running in constant class-A mode. The result: Signal coloration, high-end style.
- Mastering-Grade Saturation
- In this mode, the karacter 500 generates gentle Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) with a soft characteristic curve, resulting in very musical symmetrical clipping.
- Tube-Inspired Distortion
- In FET Shred mode, the behavior of the karacter 500 changes drastically. The sound instantly reminds of tube amplifiers, with a wide range of asymmetrical distortion.
- Glorious Destruction
- Now, this is pushing the envelope. The Turbo Boost shifts the operating point of the distortion circuit in FET shred mode and generates even more asymmetrical wave forms.
- Color Filter
- The Color control changes the harmonics-frequency relation with tons of interesting variations. Middle is flat; turn left for more dub and right for more shred.
- Integrated M/S Matrix
- As an alternative to standard stereo operation you can process the mid and side signals, opening up completely new options for your work!
- Dual Mono/Stereo Link
- For ultimate flexibility, the karacter 500 offers both true dual mono and linked stereo operation, while in M/S mode the channels can be linked or unlinked as well.
- Stepped Controllers
- All potentiometers of the karacter 500 have 41 steps, which is a great help for recalling your previous sessions fast and precisely.
- Ground Layer Shield
- One of the six layers of both PCBs is a full copper plane which helps to reduce interferences caused by electric fields.
elysia karacter 500 500-Series Device Specifications
- Frequency response:
- 100% Dry: <10 Hz - 400 kHz (-3 dB)
- 100% Wet: <10 Hz - 27 kHz (-3 dB)
- THD+N (100 % Dry):
- @ 0 dBu: 0.013 %
- @ +10 dBu: 0.024 %
- THD+N - 100 % Wet (in Saturation Mode):
- @ 0 dBu Min Drive: 0.47 %
- @ 0 dBu Max Drive:35.1 %
- Noise floor (20 Hz - 20 kHz [A-weighted]):
- 100% Dry: -91 dBu
- 100% Wet (depending on Drive and Gain): -81 to -91 dBu
- Dynamic range:
- 20 Hz - 22 kHz: 112 dB
- Maximum level:
- Input: +21 dBu
- Output: +21 dBu
- Input: 10 kOhm
- Output: 68 Ohm
- Power consumption:
- Total: 210 mA
- Per slot: 105 mA
elysia karacter 500 500-Series Device Downloads
- elysia karacter 500 500-Series Device User Guide / Owners Manual
- elysia karacter 500 500-Series Device Recall Sheet
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review