The Electro Voice RE50/B Handheld Dynamic Microphone is specially shock-isolated omnidirectional microphone designed particularly for handheld broadcast and sound reinforcement use.
The Electro Voice RE50/B Handheld Dynamic Microphone is the industry standard for handheld interview mics in broadcast television production. Used on interviews with everyone from the President of the United States to the family next door, the Electro Voice RE50/B is heard and seen in the reporting of news correspondents around the globe.
All handling noise, clothing noise, and even cord shock have been isolated from the microphone element so that mechanically induced noise is greatly reduced. By use of a high-mass zinc internal acoustic chamber, shock mounted within the machined-aluminum outercasing, the Electro Voice RE50/B offers a degree of isolation unprecedented in omnidirectional dynamic microphones.
The internal transducer uses a mechanical nesting concept all its own. Each part is nested inside another so that the transducer (head assembly) is nearly a solid structure. It is highly resistant to damage from shock. The diaphragm is unaffected by temperature extremes and atmospheric conditions. A carefully designed integral windscreen and blast filter provides excellent protection from wind noise, excessive sibilance and annoying “Ppopping.” The Electro Voice RE50/B has a grille that bounces back to retain its shape. A four-stage pop filter prevents dust and magnetic particles from reaching the diaphragm. The Electro Voice RE50/B’s attractive, nonreflecting, semi-gloss black finish is ideal for on-camera use.
Electro Voice RE50/B Handheld Dynamic Microphone Features
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Dynamic element
- Extremely low handling noise via Dyna-Damp™ “mic in-a-mic” shock mount system
- Impervious to wind noise and p-pops via its four- stage pop filter
- Withstands high humidity, temperature extremes, and corrosive salt air
Electro Voice RE50/B Handheld Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Element: Dynamic
- Family: RE Series Broadcast
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 80 - 13,000 Hz
- Impedance, Low-Z Balanced: 150O
- Mic Type: Handheld
- Open Circuit Voltage: 1.6mV/Pascal
- Polar Pattern: Omni
- Connector Type: 3-Pin XLR
- Power Requirement: Passive
- Finish: Semi-Gloss Camera Black
- Case Material: Aluminum
- Diameter (Max): 49mm (1.93")
- Height: 197mm (7.76")
- Net Weight: 9.49oz (269g)
Electro Voice RE50/B Handheld Dynamic Microphone Includes
- Electro Voice RE50/B Handheld Dynamic Mic
- 323S Quick-Disconnect "Soft" Stand Adapter
- 379-2 Red Foam Windscreen Pop Filter
Electro Voice RE50/B Handheld Dynamic Microphone Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review