The Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Controller is a low profile, compact monitor controller that is equally at home in a serious home studio as in a professional recording facility. With an accurate sound reproduction, solid build quality and expanded feature set, the MC3.1 faithfully reproduces what you record!
The Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Controller is built on the success of the Drawmer MC2.1 Monitor Controller. It is just as accurate and transparent and of the same build quality. The Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Controller can still faithfully reproduce what has been recorded without colouring the sound, but comes with a much expanded feature set, including more inputs, better control, extended channel routing and a desk top 'wedge' form factor. Additions include a combined digital AES/SPDIF (24 bit/192kHz) input, giving a total of 5 individually switchable sources, including a front panel auxilary input with level control for the easy connection of your mp3 player, smartphone or tablet. Full cue mix facilities, with level control, provide separate source selection for main or cue outputs and the two headphone amplifiers, so the artist can listen to a completely different mix to the engineer, for example. A dedicated cue mix output is also available. A secondary preset volume control on the front provides repeatable calibrated output level for the monitors, so that at the flick of a switch the engineer can hear the mix at the same predetermined volume, time after time, without having to meticulously adjust controls.
The Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Controller incorporates three stereo balanced speaker outputs, plus a dedicated mono speaker/sub-woofer output each with individual left/right trims under the unit to provide complete control over level matching. Furthermore each can be switched individually and simultaneously and in any order. You can listen to multiple speakers with the same sub-woofer, or turn the sub-woofer off altogether. Other improvements include additional mix checking capabilities, which now incorporate low, mid, high solo switches to hear how the lows bleed into the mid, or the stereo width of each, for example, and also the ability to swap the left and right channels. The talkback has been expanded to include an external mic in addition to the internal, and footswitch operation.
Can you trust the audio that your current monitor controller is providing? Is it colouring the sound? For all Drawmer monitor controllers it is imperative that what you record is exactly what you hear. The active circuit has been designed to faithfully produce the audio signal whilst removing many of the problems that a passive circuit will bring. There is one thing that should always be absolutely guaranteed - that you can rely on the accuracy of your Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Controller.
Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Controller Features
- Ultra low noise and transparent circuit design
- Source switches for both Main & Cue can be active in any combination
- 5 Inputs in Total - 1x Digital AES/SPDIF Neutrik XLR/JACK COMBI & 2 balanced analogue Neutrik XLR/JACK COMBI and 1 stereo RCA Analogue on the Rear Panel & 1 3.5mm Front Panel Aux
- 3 x Speakers Plus a Mono Sub can be switched individually & simultaneously or give A/B comparisons. Each has level trims to provide precise channel matching
- Timed relay protection on all speaker outputs to prevent power up/down bangs
- Volume can be set via the Variable Front Panel Knob or a Preset Control. Each has parallelled custom quad pots for excellent channel matching and smooth feel
- 2 x Headphone Amplifiers with Individual Level Controls & Switching between Main & Cue Inputs so the Artist can listen to a Different Mix to the Engineer
- Front Panel 3.5mm AUX Input & Level Control for connecting MP3 player, smartphone or tablet etc.
- Cue Level Control adjusts the volume for the Artist's Monitors
- Built In Talkback with Level Control, Internal or External Microphone, Switching via Desktop or Footswitch, a Mono Output Jack & Internal Routing to Headphone and Cue Outputs
- Comprehensive Mix Checking facilities Including Low, Mid, High Solo; Dim; L/R Mute; Phase Reverse and more, help check every aspect of your Mix & Provide Ultimate Control
- Desktop 'wedge' form factor
- Rugged steel chasis and stylish brushed aluminium cover
Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Controller Specifications
- Maximum Input Level: 27 dBu
- Maximum Output Level before Clipping: 27 dBu
- Dynamic Range @ Unity Gain: 117 dB
- Crosstalk: L/R @ 1 kHz >84 dB, Adjacent Input >95 dB
- THD & Noise (Unity Gain 0 dBu Input): 0.003 %
- Frequency Response at 20 Hz-20 kHz: +/- 0.2dB
- Phase Response at 20 Hz-20 kHz: +/- 2 Degrees max
- Power Requirements: External Power Supply 100-240 V ~ 50-60 Hz, 1.4 A Max
- Dimensions: (D x W x H) 220 mm x 275 mm x 100 mm
- Weight: 2.5 kg
Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Controller Includes
- Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Controller
- External Power Supply
- Power Cord
- User Guide
- 1 Year Warranty
Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Controller Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review