DPA BLM4060 Boundary Layer Microphone
DPA BLM4060 Boundary Layer MicrophoneDPA BLM4060 Boundary Layer Microphone Details
The BLM4060 Boundary Layer Microphone is ideal for use in boardrooms, conference facilities, courtrooms, teleconferencing and other applications where excellent vocal pickup is required.
The BLM4060 is a transducer designed to work under optimum conditions when placed on a tabletop, but it also performs well on any other hard, flat surface that reflects sound. The microphone element is a prepolarized omnidirectional miniature condenser microphone with a 5.4 mm (0.2 in) vertical diaphragm specially designed for maximum performance. The microphone body consists of a centre rubber disc that holds the microphone element mounted in an elegant stainless steel base. The BLM4060 has a 3 m (10 ft) cable.
The BLM4060 can be very easily placed in essentially any position on the surface, even close to the edge (See graphs & more). Users will benefit from the special characteristics of the surrounding sound field on which the BLM4060 is mounted: a 6 dB gain of direct sound and only 3 dB gain of the diffuse sound. Therefore, the sound captured has both a greater clarity - especially at high frequencies - and speech intelligibility compared to sound captured above the surface.
A wide range of connection adapters and power supplies makes it possible to use the BLM4060 with any microphone input. It is delivered with a DAD6001 adapter.
DPA BLM4060 Boundary Layer Microphone Features
- ideal for use in boardrooms, conference facilities, courtrooms, teleconferencing
- optimized to boost speech intelligibility
- works with a wide range of connection adapters and power supplies
DPA BLM4060 Boundary Layer Microphone Features Specifications
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional, hemisphere
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element
- Frequency range, Â± 2 dB: 20 Hz â" 14 kHz (with a 7 dB soft boost at 8 kHz)
- Sensitivity, nominal, Â±3 dB: 20 mV/Pa at 1 kHz; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 ÂµPa (max. 26 dB)
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 35 dB (max. 38 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak, < 1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 134 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 â" 40 ohm. From DAD6001: 100 ohm.
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: Min. 5 V â" max. 50 V through DPA adapter.
- Connector: MicroDot/XLR 3-pin
- Microphone weight: 240 g (8.5 oz) excl. cable
- Microphone diameter: 100 mm (4 in)
- Microphone height: Height: 12 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 3 m (10 ft)
- Cable color: Black
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Finish: Black rubber disc mounted in stainless steel base
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin/pin 2 on XLR connector
- Operating temperature range: -10 to 45°C (14 to 113° F)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review