The DPA 4041-SP Solid State Microphone is a large diaphragm microphone with enhanced SPL handling for use in professional recording applications.
This large diaphragm omnidirectional condenser microphone capsule can be used with the Solid State Phantom Power. The diaphragm and housing are both made from stainless steel. This gives the capsule a unique immunity against ambient temperature variations. The precision-made back plate is placed in a quartz insulator for maximum electrical stability. The 4041 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone has a frequency response from 10 Hz to 20 kHz with a 4-6 dB soft boost around 8 kHz. Furthermore, it has an extremely low self-noise of 8 dB(A). It also has enhanced SPL handling capability of up to 134 dB SPL before clipping occurs. This omnidirectional condenser microphone is designed to work in a standard 48 V phantom power environment. It features the MMC4041 Large Diaphragm Capsule so the mic offers superior sound quality. The diaphragm and housing are both made from stainless steel. This gives the capsule a unique immunity against ambient temperature variations. The precision-made back plate is placed in a quartz insulator for maximum electrical stability. This gives the 4041 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone a unique sensitivity of up to 90 mV/Pa.
Includes MMP-4000SP Preamplifier
The modular design enables the 4041 to be used with a selection of DPA preamplifiers, achieving different signal characteristics. This version includes the MMP-4000SP 48V phantom preamplifier.
High SPL Capability
The highly sensitive 4041 capsule is capable of reproducing high sound pressure levels without noise and distortion.
A bit about omnis
An omnidirectional microphone has sensitivity at all angles – in principle picking up sound equally from all directions. This gives you extremely natural and realistic sound compared to a cardioid mic. Omni mics are often used for picking up ambient sounds, as well as miking a large sound source such as a choir in a recording situation. Unfortunately, due to their pickup pattern, omnis can also produce a lot of feedback in live situations. Nonetheless, we recommend that you try a DPA omni first because, when used close to the sound source, the equal frequency response makes these large diaphragm condenser mics a flexible addition in your audio toolbox. It will often give a more natural sound, it can handle extremely high sound pressure levels, it does not suffer from proximity effect and is not as sensitive to wind, pop or handling noise.
DPA 4041-SP Solid State Microphone Features
- Handles high sound pressure levels with no distortion
- Natural and transparent sound
- Flat Frequency Response
- Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
DPA 4041-SP Solid State Microphone Specifications
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: 24 mm (1 in) condenser with stainless steel diaphragm
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: 20Hz - 20kHz with 4 - 6 dB soft boost at 8 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ± 2 dB: 70 mV/Pa; -26dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Max. 8 dB(A) re. 20 µPa
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Max. 20 dB
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 86 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.5% THD up to 120 dB SPL peak, <1% THD up to 126 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 118 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 134 dB
- Output impedance: <200 Ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 100 m (328 ft)
- Current consumption: 2.20 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR-M (Standard P48)
- Weight: 190 g (6.7 oz)
- Capsule diameter: 24 mm (1 in)
- Length: 170 mm (6.69 in)
DPA 4041-SP Solid State Microphone Includes
- DPA 4041-SP Solid State Microphone
- MMP-4000SP Preamplifier
- MMC4041 Large-Diaphragm Capsule
- Manufacturers Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review