DPA 4006A Omnidirectional Microphone
The DPA 4006A Omnidirectional Microphone is designed for capturing vocals, close miking instruments, amplifier cabinets, and similar sources in live sound reinforcement and crucial recording applications.
It features an omnidirectional condenser element for a linear high-frequency response and detail. Additionally, the microphone allows you to maintain a linear tonal response when closely positioning it near speaker cabinets, percussion, and other instruments. Separately sold acoustic modification accessories, including a nose cone and interchangeable protection grids, allow the 4006A to acoustically transform without changing the phase and sonic character of the microphone. An output stage provides faithful recreations of the original source material and an included microphone clip and windscreen.
DPA 4006A Omnidirectional Microphone Features
- Maximum linearity, particularly at the high-end
- Clean, neutral sonic character
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Can be used for A-B stereo pairs in symphonic concert hall recordings
DPA 4006A Omnidirectional Microphone Includes
- DPA Microphones 4006A Omnidirectional Microphone
- DPA Microphones UA0639 Microphone Clip
- DPA Microphones UA0896 Windscreen for 0.75" (19mm) Microphones
- Limited 5-Year Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Alan Moon set me up with a matched trio for Decca Tree or A/B spaced pair uses. These mics capture a soundstage that is clear and detailed with a great deal of depth that is not available from dual-diaphragm omni's.