The DPA 2011C Cardioid Microphone is acclaimed for its close-miking excellence and hi-SPL handling. Optimized for onstage use, it has been used on many stages as well as recording sessions. It exhibits a previously unheard blend of clarity, richness and dynamic range.
The DPA 2011C Cardioid Microphone bridges the gap between the extreme sound quality of DPA's pencil microphones and their well-known lavalier microphones. Two opposite-facing miniature capsules are custom rebuilt inside the DPA 2011C Twin Diaphragm Compact Cardioid Microphone. They are placed into a double-diaphragm, one-capsule composition. This combines the advantages of small capsules with the lower inherent noise achieved from a larger diaphragm area. These capsules provide fast impulse response and large frequency bandwidth. The capsules are loaded to DPA's supreme preamps, which gives the sound more air and precision.
The DPA 2011C is part of the flexible DPA Reference Standard series. The DPA 2011C with the MMP-C compact preamplifier offers a subtle character alteration with a bit more body to the low end in addition to its easier-to-position approach. At any time and with no tools necessary it is possible to transform the basic 2011 microphone into a new configuration by combining it with another DPA microphone capsule or preamp.
Twin Diaphragm Capsule Technology
The overall distinctive sound image from the DPA miniatures is so well balanced that it meets the high demands of the DPA Reference Standard league. In a DPA 2011C Microphone capsule, two opposite facing miniature capsules are custom re-built into a double diaphragm, one-capsule composition. The use and control of interference tubes has become a DPA specialty and the DPA 2011C is no exception; the capsules are loaded to the supreme Reference Standard preamps instead of the tiny miniature FET preamp from the 4060 miniature series, offering even more air and precision.
The DPA 2011C has found its use on numerous stages and recording sessions. Exhibiting a previously unheard blend of clarity, richness and dynamic range, the DPA 2011C Twin Diaphragm Compact Cardioid Microphone performs like a much more exclusive microphone and redefines the term value for money.
DPA 2011C Cardioid Microphone Features
- Blends clarity, richness and dynamics
- Twin Diaphragm Capsule Technology
- Advanced Interference Tube Technology
- Superb stage separation and level control
- Modular flexibility
DPA 2011C Cardioid Microphone Specifications
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Principle of Operation: Pressure Gradient, with Interference Tube
- Cartridge Type: Pre-polarized Condenser, Twin Diaphragm Capsule
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Effective Frequency Range, ±2 dB, at 30 cm (11.8 in): 50 Hz - 17 kHz with 3 dB Soft Boost at 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, Nominal, ±2 dB at 1 kHz: 10 mV/Pa; -40 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level, A-weighted: Typ. 20 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 23 dB(A))
- Equivalent Noise Level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 33 dB (max. 36 dB)
- Distortion, THD < 1%: 134 dB SPL RMS, 137 dB SPL Peak
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 117 dB
- Max. SPL, THD 10%: 146 dB SPL Peak
- Rated Output Impedance: 100 O
- Minimum Load Impedance: 2 kO
- Cable Drive Capability: 100 m (328 ft)
- Output Balance Principle: Impedance Balancing with Active Drive
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 50 dB
- Power Supply (for Full Performance): P48 (Phantom Power)
- Current Consumption: 2.8 mA
- Connector: XLR-3M. Pin 1: Shield, Pin 2: Signal + Phase, Pin 3: - Phase
- Color: Matte Black
- Weight: 64 g (2.3 oz)
- Microphone Diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Microphone Length: 92 mm (3.6 in)
- Maximum Output Voltage, RMS: > 4 V
- Polarity: +V at Pin 2 for Positive Sound Pressure
- Temperature Range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Sensitivity Selection Tolerance (at 1 kHz): ±1.5 dB
DPA 2011C Cardioid Microphone Includes
- 1 x DPA 2011C Cardioid Microphone
- 1 x Microphone Clip
- 1 x Foam Windscreen
- 2 Year Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
DPA microphones have always delivered low noise floor high quality signal! This microphone is no exception. Its by far my most favourite microphone for any drum, especially snare drum! It is the holy grail in snare mics for me!