DPA 2006A Twin Diaphragm Omnidirectional Microphone
DPA 2006A Omnidirectional MicrophoneDPA 2006-A Twin Diaphragm Omnidirectional Microphone Details
The new DPA 2006 microphone has strong references to the acclaimed DPA 4006 omni microphone â" by its type number 06, its overall sound character, and its industrial design.
The difference is in the capsule technology that in the 2000 series features the new Twin Diaphragm Capsule technology. Comparison with its big brother, the iconic 4006, is inevitable. The relationship between the two is clearly heard from the first 2006 audio glance; the 2000 series simply performs like much more exclusive microphones from the premium class and redefines the term value for money.
2006A is part of the flexible DPA Reference Standard series. The 2006A with the MMP-A preamplifier is the audiophileâ?s choice with low distortion and total accurate and faithful sound, where the 2006C MMP-C compact preamplifier offers a subtle character alteration with a bit more â?bodyâ to the low end â" in addition to its easier-to-position approach.
At any time and with no tools necessary it is possible to transform the basic 2006 microphone into a new configuration by combining it with another DPA microphone capsule or preamp.
Twin Diaphragm Capsule technology
The overall distinctive sound image from the DPA miniatures is so well balanced that it meets the high demands of the DPA Reference Standard league.
In a 2006 capsule two opposite facing miniature capsules are custom re-built into a double diaphragm, one-capsule composition. This combines the advantages of small capsules (fast impulse response and large frequency bandwidth) with lower inherent noise achieved from a larger diaphragm area.
The capsules are loaded to the supreme Reference Standard preamps instead of the tiny miniature FET preamp from the miniature mics, offering even more air and precision.
Dedicated to acoustic authenticity
Every engineer and musician concerned with getting the precise acoustic fingerprint on track will be pleased by the true tone delivered by the 2006. Acoustic piano, guitar, wind instruments and choirs are among the most evident applications.
As main AB stereo pair the 2006s offer an impeccable combination of two ordinary frequency responses from the 4006 with specially tailored high frequency response that lies perfectly in between the responses from the near-field (silver) grid and the diffuse-field (black) grid.
DPA 2006-A Twin Diaphragm Omnidirectional Microphone Features
- Modular flexibility
- Twin-Diaphragm-Capsule technology
- Acoustic authenticity
- Linear in a large frequency bandwidth
DPA 2006-A Twin Diaphragm Omnidirectional Microphone Specifications
- Directional pattern: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser, Twin Diaphragm Capsule
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, Â± 2 dB: 50 Hz to 20 kHz with typ. 3 dB soft boost at 14 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, Â± 2 dB at 1 kHz: 40 mV/Pa; -28 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 16 dB(A) re. 20 ÂµPa (max. 18 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 28 dB (max. 30 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 78 dB(A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) at 1 kHz: < 1 % up to 130 dB SPL peak
- Minimum load impedance: 2 kohm
- Dynamic range: Typ. 114 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 141 dB
- Switchable attenuator: 0 dB / -20 dB
- Output impedance: < 200 ohm
- Cable drive capability: 100 m (328 ft)
- Output balance principle: Impedance balancing with Active Drive
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB
- Power supply (for full specifications): 48 V Phantom power (Â± 4 V)
- Current consumption: 2.8 mA
- Connector: XLR-3M. Pin 1: shield, Pin 2: signal + phase, Pin 3: - phase
- Color: Matte black
- Microphone weight: 160 g (5.6 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Microphone length: 164 mm (6.5 in)
- Output voltage, RMS: > 5 V
- Polarity: +V at Pin 2 for positive sound pressure
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review