dbx 560A 500-Series Compressor
The dbx 560A 500-Series Compressor is based on the popular dbx VCA design which incorporates true RMS level detection for very musical compression characteristics. With OverEasy switch for desired compression and the output gain control and bypass button, the dbx 560A is an indespensible creative tool for your sound processing and music production needs.
The dbx 560A 500-Series Compressor/Limiter offers legendary VCA-based compression in the increasingly popular 500 Series format. The dbx has a much-heralded history with modular processors dating back to their 900 Series and the dbx 560A continues that tradition.
Featuring the same switch-selectable OverEasy® and Hard Knee compression curves as their industry-standard dbx 160A rackmount processor, the dbx 560A will be your new workhorse compressor!
With extremely wide-ranging threshold, ratio and output controls and true RMS level detection providing the most natural-sounding dynamics processing available, the dbx 560A will provide punch to drums, bass, vocals, almost anything! Its also versatile enough to go from subtle compression to "brick wall" peak limiting.
Choose low ratios and OverEasy compression to expertly smooth out fluctuating vocal and instrumental levels, or use the dbx 560A's Hard Knee compression and high ratios for bombproof protection against overload distortion in digital recording, P.A. systems and broadcast signals.
The dbx 560A's 19-segment, switchable Input/Output LEDs and 12-segment Gain Reduction LEDs provide precise analysis at a glance. And, the dbx 560A's unique "INFINITY +" inverse-compression mode actually decreases the audio output level below unity gain when the input exceeds threshold, a real lifesaver for correcting overbearing vocal choruses and controlling runaway mix levels.
Load up your 500 Series rack with some dbx 560A Compressor/Limiters and go to work!
dbx 560A 500-Series Compressor Features
- Compatible with 500-Series chassis
- Hardwire Bypass
- True RMS level detection for very musical compression
- OverEasy® or classic hard knee compression with dbxs ultra-musical program-dependent attack and release times
- Compression ratio variable from 1:1 through infinity:1 to -1:1
- Output gain control and bypass button for easy comparison of processed vs. unprocessed signal
- Precise RMS gain reduction and input/output meter displays
- Exclusive Infinity+ compression using negative ratio
dbx 560A 500-Series Compressor Specifications
- Input Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Input Impedance: 40kO balanced, 20kO unbalanced
- Maximum Input Level: +22dBu
- CMRR: >40 dB; typically >55 dB at 1 kHz
- Output Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Output Impedance: Balanced 30O , unbalanced 15O
- Maximum Output Level: +22dBu
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz 20 kHz, + 0/-0.5 dB; 0.5 Hz 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Noise: <-97 dBu, Unweighted (22 Hz 22 kHz)
- THD+Noise: <0.005% typical, No compression, 1 kHz input at 0 dBu; <0.07% typical, Any Amount of Compression up to 40 dB @ 1 kHz
- Dynamic Range: >119 dB
- Compression Gain Adjustment Range: Variable from -20 dB to +20 dB
- Compressor Threshold Range: -40 dBu to +20 dBu
- Compressor Threshold Characteristic: Selectable OverEasy® or Hard Knee
- Compressor Ratio: Variable 1:1 to 8 :1 thru to -1:1; 60dB Maximum Compression
- Compressor Attack Time: Program-Dependent; Typically 15ms for 10dB, 5ms for 20dB, 3ms for 30dB
- Compressor Release Time: Program-Dependent; Typically 8ms for 1dB, 80ms for 10dB, 400ms for 50dB; 125dB/Sec Rate
- Power Requirements: +/- 16VDC
- Current Draw: 60mA per power rail
- Power Draw: 1.92 watts
- Rack System Compatibility: 500 Series Compatible Power-frame
- Rack Space: 1 Slot
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 5.25 x 1.5 x 6 (13.34cm x 3.81cm x 15.24cm)
- Weight: 1.3 lbs (0.59 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 lbs (0.77 kg)
dbx 560A 500-Series Compressor Includes
- dbx 560A 500-Series Compressor Unit
- Printed Operation Manual
- Warranty Registration Card
dbx 560A 500-Series Compressor Downloads
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I bought a pair of these and they have been fantastic! When not pushed hard and on overeasy, they can be a nice way to keep a recording in check and not overloading anything further down the chain. On drums they do the classic DBX snap! For such an easy to use compressor, I really can't think of any negatives! Just get one (or two)!
Great compressor and for the money they can't be beat if you want that dbx sound. Awesome on kick and snare!!
With the limited rack space, I've started to add 500 series modules to my studio. The dbx 560A sounds just like the dbx 160A with a smaller footprint! Excellent compressor!