dbx 580 500-Series Microphone Preamp
The dbx 580 500-Series Microphone Preamp is perfect for microphone or direct instrument recording applications. Providing sonically-transparent gain that reveals the detail and audio signature of even the most esoteric microphones, the dbx 580 is an indispensable creative tool for your sound processing and music production needs.
The dbx 580 500-Series Microphone Preamp is the perfect partner to your microphones, designed to provide sonically-transparent gain. The dbx 580 transforms the low level output signal of your microphone to a high level, high current output for direct connection to the line level inputs of your mixer, sampler or any other recording medium that accepts line level, analog input.
With its modular 500 Series design, the dbx 580 delivers up to 60dB of gain, features a variable-frequency Low-Cut Filter and unique Low and High Detail Equalization Controls, a 20dB Pad, Polarity Invert, +48V Phantom Power, a Front Panel Instrument Input, VU Metering and Peak Indicator.
Add warmth and definition to your microphones with the dbx 580 500-Series Microphone Preamp!
dbx 580 500-Series Microphone Preamp Features
- Microphone Preamp With Up To 60 dB Gain
- +48 Volt Phantom Power For Condenser Microphones
- Dedicated Front-Panel Instrument Input
- Detail Circuit For Low / High Tone Sweetening
- Variable Low Cut Control
- 20dB Pad
- Polarity Invert Button
- Vintage-Style VU Meter
- Signal Peak LED
dbx 580 500-Series Microphone Preamp Specifications
- Input Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Input Impedance: 1.7kO
- Max Input Level: +15 dBu balanced or unbalanced (20dB PAD disabled) +35 dBu balanced or unbalanced (20dB PAD enabled)
- Maximum Gain: 60dB
- CMRR: >60 dB; typically >70 dB from 20 Hz 20 kHz
- Instrument Input Connector: Tip-Sleeve ¼ Jack
- Instrument Input Type: Unbalanced
- Instrument Input Impedance: 500 k O
- Max Instrument Input Level: +21 dBu unbalanced
- Output Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Output Impedance: Balanced 30 Ohms, unbalanced 15 Ohms
- Max Output Level: +22dBu
- EIN: Typically > -128.0 dBu, 150 O source impedance, 22 kHz bandwidth, unweigh
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +0/-1dB; <10Hz - 30kHz, +0/-3dB
- THD+Noise: <0.006% typical, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0dBu out
- Power Requirements: +/- 16V DC
- Power Current Draw: 80 mA per power rail
- Power Draw: 2.56 watts
- Rack System Compatibility: 500 Series Compatible Power-frame
- Rack Space: 1 Slot
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 5.25 x 1.5 x 6 (13.34 cm x 3.81 cm x 15.24 cm)
- Weight: 1.3 lbs (0.59 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 lbs (0.77kg)
dbx 580 500-Series Microphone Preamp Includes
- dbx 580 Microphone Preamp Unit
- Operation Manual
- Warranty Registration Card
dbx 580 500-Series Microphone Preamp Downloads
- dbx 580 500-Series Microphone Preamp Owners Manual
- dbx 580 500-Series Microphone Preamp Quick Start Guide
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great transparent sound. I can really hear the microphones. The high and low frequency detail provides a nice boost at either end. I recorded myself singing 4 part harmony using a Neumann, an AKG, and a GA ribbon mic for different parts. I had to do very little EQ because the amp allowed the tonal differences in the mic to come through.
It is at a great price point. The compressor is next on the list.