The Dangerous Music Compressor is simple, transparent and powerful! Packed with features, this VCA compressor is ideal for all types of music and designed to give you transparent dynamics control.
We’re not going to hide our intentions: when we set out to design The Dangerous COMPRESSOR, we spent over two years figuring out how to achieve modern levels of limiting and compression while avoiding the deadening effects of today’s ultra-limited productions. We make gear that helps you deliver the impact, punch and clarity that brings music to life, and when it comes to compression and limiting our answer was not to avoid it like some purists might, but to deliver an audiophile-grade tool that provides powerful compression and limiting without robbing the music of its lifeforce. The Dangerous COMPRESSOR points the way to the future of dynamics.
Compressors fall into two categories: “color boxes” capable of drastically changing the sonics, of which hundreds exist, and the far more challenging to design “transparent units” that control dynamics without introducing obvious audio artifacts. The Dangerous COMPRESSOR is decidedly in the latter category, delivering crystal clear compression that allows you to easily alter and control dynamics without drastically changing the original sound. But don’t let the word ‘transparency’ trick you into thinking The COMPRESSOR doesn’t sound gorgeous – like all Dangerous gear, the low end is big and powerful, the mids maintain texture and detail, and the top-end is open and deeply engaging, even during very active gain reduction. When pushed to its outer limits, the patina is classic 1980’s FM radio. This level of open musicality is unique even among the small field of transparent compressors, putting The COMPRESSOR in a class of its own where sounding transparent and beautiful is no longer a paradox.
The Dangerous COMPRESSOR is so transparent and simple to operate, it works on any source (vocals, drums, mix buss…), style (Jazz, Hip Hop, Pop, Metal, R&B…) and can handle an array of tasks often left to automation and EQ during tracking, mixing and mastering. Few compressors are as versatile. Tedious vocal level rides can be handed over to The Dangerous COMPRESSOR’s VCA as if it were a trusted assistant intuitively riding a fader. Use the internal sidechain EQ curves to tame a sibilant vocal or to let deep bass punch through untouched, or both simultaneously. Effortlessly peak-limit a master in the analog realm and dispense with your digital limiter using the unique Smart Dynamics feature. Patch an EQ into the external side chain for dynamic EQ across the midrange, or use the two channels as independent mono units, or in series to achieve ultra-transparent “cascaded compression.” Beyond versatility, The Dangerous COMPRESSOR invites you to creatively solve sonic problems without worrying about unwanted artifacts.
Dangerous Music Compressor Features
- Elegant, easy-to-use design with innovative audio circuitry by legendary designer Chris Muth
- Unique Smart Dynamics dual-slope detector treats transient peaks and average level independently, making modern compression levels easier to achieve and totally transparent
- Auto Attack/Release – simplify and achieve top flight results
- Two audiophile-grade internal sidechain EQ settings
- Hard and soft knee slope selection
- External sidechain routing
- Audiophile-grade VCAs for controlling levels without artifacts
- Stepped ratio settings from 1:1 to 20:1
- Multiple meter modes
Dangerous Music Compressor Specifications
- Frequency Response: +/-0.25dB from 15Hz to 80kHz
- Maximum level: > +27dBu
- Noise floor: < -93dBu band limited from 22Hz-22kHz
- THD+N: < 0.005%
- IMD: < 0.007%
- Crosstalk rejection: > 115dB @1kHz
- Input Impedance: 20K Ohms
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Replacement Fuses: USA 500mA fast blow for 120V; Europe 250mA fast blow for 240V
- Side Chain Filters: Bass cut is 6dB/octave, -3dB at 60Hz. Sibilance boost corner frequency is 1kHz with +2dB at 5kHz shelving
Dangerous Music Compressor Includes
- Dangerous Music Compresso
- Power Cable
- 2 Year Warranty (with online registration)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review