Daking COMP IIT Stereo Compressor
The Daking COMP IIT Stereo Compressor is a handmade compressor/limiter featuring Jensen transformers on both the input and output.
Built right here in the USA, it offers better sounding compression on all kinds of sources in the studio. The COMP IIT features Jensen transformers on both the input and output which feature lower distortion, adding subtle color and providing that much sought after analog “glue” when used on stereo sources. Whether in the hands of a highly experienced engineer who needs fast workflow, or a novice who is not sure how to best set up a compressor, the COMP IIT gives professional results without a big learning curve.
With big old-style analog meters and a simple setup, the COMP IIT is easy to understand and easy to use. Designed carefully by Geoff Daking and Dave Thibodeau to behave well on a variety of real in-studio applications, it may challenge your notions of how good a two-knob compressor can be. The two channel COMP IIT can operate in dual mono or stereo linked mode for a beautiful stereo image. In dual mono it acts like two independent mono compressors for use on two different - perhaps unrelated - sources. There is no master channel in stereo mode. Each channel retains its independent control.
Why it’s Different
The Daking Comp IIT is a complex design that employs a unique method of gain reduction using a VCA like a FET. This maintains the unique Daking sound of our legacy compressors. Unlike most VCA designs, ours uses feedback gain reduction, a peak detector and an all-discrete Class A follower. The Jensen transformers add some subtle analog color. The outboard power supply makes sure this unit is quiet and usable around the world on any voltage. Switches are illuminated, making it easy to see what’s “on” in a dark room. The rear panel offers XLR inputs and XLR/¼” TRS outputs. Purely analog, it’s so easy to get a sound you love. This compressor may easily become your favorite.
Daking COMP IIT Stereo Compressor Specifications
- Input: XLR (x2)
- Output XLR (x2), TRS (x2)
- Cinemag Transformers on input and output
- Class “A” amplifier for make-up gain
- All metal construction with stainless steel chassis for noise immunity
- Custom aluminum knobs
- Power supply included
- Frequency response: 20Hz-65kHz
- THD at +4dBu input and no compression at 1kHz: Typical 0.02%, Max 0.035% (22-22kHz, Un-Wtd)
- THD at +4dBu input and 2dB of compression at 1kHz: Typical 0.02%, Max 0.035% (22-22kHz, Un-Wtd)
- Noise: less than -80dBu, 22-22kHz
- 1U 19” rack-mount
- Unit weight: 6.25 lbs (2.83 kg)
- Unit dimensions: L front: 19in (48.26cm) L rear: 17in (43.18cm) W: 8.375in (21.27cm) H: 1.625in (4.13cm)
- Box weight: 9.5 lbs (4.31 kg)
- Box dimensions: L: 29in (73.66cm) W: 14 in (35.56cm) H: 6 in (15.24cm)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review