Burl Audio B16 Mothership AD/DA Converter
The Burl Audio B16 Mothership AD/DA Converter has redefined digital recording, and now the legendary sound can be found in a smaller, more portable B16 Mothership.
Utilizing technology developed for the B80, the new B16 Mothership uses the exact same I/O cards as the B80 Mothership, continuing Burl Audios deep dedication to analog class-A circuitry. The result is not only heard, it is felt. The Mothership stands out from every other interface on the market not because it is colored, but because it does not sterilize the source.
Using a card based system, and a heavy-duty 2U chassis, the B16 Mothership employs 2 card slots with an internal power supply and your choice of Motherboard for Digilink, MADI, Dante USB or SoundGrid connectivity. Every ADC channel uses a proprietary BX1 transformer and every DAC channel has the latest Burl Audio discrete op-amp, BOPA4.
For anyone who has yearned for a Mothership in a smaller format, this is a dream come true. A typical setup is a 4 in, 8 out system, but it can also be configured as an 8 input tracking system, or a 16-output portable mix rig. If needed, you can also use either the BAES4 card with 4 channels of AES in and out per card, or the BCLK card, which distributes 8 word clock outputs per card.
Digital interconnect is also completely configurable, and controlled by a swappable motherboard. Burl Audio offers five digital motherboards, the BMB1 (Digi-link) , BMB2 (MADI), BMB3 (Dante), BMB4 (SoundGrid) and BMB5 (USB). The BMB1 comes standard with two DigiLink connectors for direct hookup to Pro Tools. The BMB2 features two optical MADI ports for use with ASIO or CORE AUDIO PCIe MADI cards. The BMB3 features two Ethernet ports for use with DANTE enabled DAWs and any DANTE enabled device, such as a digital mixing console. The BMB4 card allows for connectivity to any SOUNDGRID device, as well as low latency for a complete digital audio networking solution.
The B80 Mothership is the result of over 20 years of tireless research and development. The no compromise, no BS design strategy is immediately apparent in the build quality. There are also plans for film and broadcast grade cards where channel density and price per channel are of greater concern.
The B80 MOTHERSHIP takes care of virtually any music, broadcast or film recording situation, revolutionizing pro audio as we know it. In this digital era, many yearn for the tone of records past, and analog tape is becoming a lost art. The B80 MOTHERSHIP clearly bridges this analog to digital gap.
Burl Audio B16 Mothership AD/DA Converter Features
- 2U main chassis
- Your Choice of:
- BMB1 (DigiLink) motherboard
- BMB2 (MADI) motherboard
- BMB3 (Dante) motherboard
- BMB4 (SoundGrid) Motherboard
- BMB5 (USB) Motherboard
- 1 BNC Word Clock In
- 2 BNC Word Clock Out
- 3 card slots
- All slots accept AD/DA, AES and BCLK
- 4 channel input cards and 8 channel output analog cards
Burl Audio B16 Mothership AD/DA Converter Specifications
- Varies based on installed cards
- BAD4 Features:
- 44.1k Hz to 192k Hz, 24 bit, 4 channel ADC
- Exact same circuit path as B2 BOMBER ADC
- Proprietary, high definition, BURL AUDIO BX1
- transformer input
- All class-A, discrete transistors signal path with zero feedback, zero capacitors
- 4 XLR connectivity
- BDA8 Features:
- 44.1k Hz to 192k Hz, 24 bit, 8 channel DAC
- Circuit path based on B2 BOMBER DAC
- Latest BURL AUDIO BOPA2, OP-AMP
- All class-A, discrete transistors signal path zero capacitors
- D-sub DB-25 connectivity
- BCLK Features:
- 9 Word Clock Outputs (8 BNC, 1 AES)
- Two independently programmable banks
- Extremely stable, low jitter clock
- Up to 20 Word Clock outputs in 1 unit
- BAES4 Features:
- 2 Stereo XLR AES Inputs
- 2 Stereo XLR AES Outputs
- Clocking from BMB, AES IN 1/2 or AES IN 3/4
- Up to 8 channels digital I/O simultaneously in one chassis
- BAD4 Features:
Burl Audio B16 Mothership AD/DA Converter Includes
- See features list above
Burl Audio B16 Mothership AD/DA Converter Links
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review