Burl Audio B2 Bomber DAC 2-Channel Converter
The Burl Audio B2 Bomber DAC 2-Channel Converter includes state of the art conversion technology that delivers sonic purity and dynamics thus far unheard of.
The B2 Bomber DAC is the result of tireless digital to analog research and development. As a result the B2 DAC features unique class-A, discrete op-amps with passive filtering. This makes the B2 DAC ideal for monitoring. Couple this with state of the art conversion technology and the B2 Bomber DAC delivers sonic purity and dynamics thus far unheard of. As a compliment to the B2 ADC, the B2 DAC punches you in the chest with low end while the 3D spaciality and stereo spread give you amazing detail throughout the spectrum. Add to that a sweat tone that is easy on your ears, and you have a unit that you will instantly fall in love with.
Both the B2 ADC and B2 DAC feature identical, incredibly low jitter clocking, precision metering and stepped attenuators. Couple the B2 ADC with the B2 DAC and you have the B2 Bomber Master Signal Chain, a force to be reckoned with.
Burl Audio B2 Bomber DAC 2-Channel Converter Specifications
- 44.1k Hz to 192k Hz, 24 bit, 2 channel ADC
- Proprietary custom design BOPA1, all discrete op-amps
- Passive filters
- All class-A
- Zero capacitor signal path
- Audiophile quality 6 position attenuator with standard headroom settings
- High definition metering with simultaneous RMS and peak indication
- Two AES and one SPDIF input with dual AES wire support
- BNC word clock input with two outputs of extremely low jitter clock
- Frequency response at 48kHz sample rate is 10Hz to 22kHz, +/- 0.1dB
- Frequency response at 96kHz sample rate is 10Hz to 30kHz, +/- 0.1dB, -0.3 dB @ 40kHz
- Frequency response at 192kHz sample rate is 10Hz to 30kHz, +/- 0.1dB, -1.5 dB @ 90kHz
- 115dB Dynamic Range
- -96 dB THD+N, full scale output = +18dBu
- Rugged, Made in USA design
What We Think
"The Burl B2 Bomber ADC and DAC are pretty much the end-all / be-all statement goes as far as wide open, analog sound for digital conversion is concerned. The long-story short is that your tracks stack easily, you will have less work to do in regards to equalization and dynamic, reverbs and delays will sound that much more real, and your work is more satisfying and real sounding. The optional DANTE II Brooklyn Card makes the B2 available on networks where the B2 was previously unavailable. The ultimate in digital sound is now also the ultimate in connectivity. So, what's stopping you?"
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This Da was very warm and is very nice, however if your doing more modern recordings like edm and pop you might want to look at the crane song solaris. Both are Exceptional in their own ways,