Sony Announces the C800GPAC1!
By Front End Audio on Oct 22nd 2020
For those that were surprised and heartbroken when the Sony C800GPAC was discontinued at the end of 2019 - it will come as a smile inducing surprise that they have announced the pending release of the all new C800GPAC1.
Information on this evolution of the mic is very slim, but we will be sure to update our product page and blog as more information comes out. What we can state is that it slated for an early 2021 release, and folks are welcome to start placing their preorders now!
"Excellent for vocal recording in studios and film post production houses, Sony's C-800G Studio Tube Condenser Microphone is designed for the highest possible sound reproduction quality. The C-800G features a high-quality dual large diaphragm for true reproduction of vocal qualities, vacuum tube warm sound quality through a 6AU6 vacuum tube, a unique Peltier-based cooling system to achieve optimum tube operating temperature, and an electronically selectable pick-up pattern (Omni/Uni) for various recording applications. The package includes a power supply (AC-MC800G) and all the necessary accessories."
- Studio Tube Condenser Microphone PAC
- Designed for the highest possible sound reproduction quality
- Suitable for vocal recording in studios and film post production houses
- High sensitivity of -33dB/Pa
- Low noise and low distortion due to built-in cooling system
- Large diaphragm capsule
- Electronically selectable directivity, either omni-directional or cardioid