Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Headphones
The Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Headphones define what an open-back professional headphone should be!. Razor-flat frequency response, ultra-wide sound-stage, un-hyped bass response, lightweight and comfortable... If there was ever an easy headphone to mix on, the DT-990 Pro is it.
The Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Headphones are open dynamic headphones of exceptional quality suitable for the most demanding professional and audiophile applications. The reduced weight of the diaphragm and moving coil result in a similar pulse characteristic as electrostatic headphones, and in combination with a carefully tailored frequency response offer a natural and balanced sound.
Benchmark for Studio Sound: The Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Headphones are a reliable tool for any sound enthusiast. The wide stereo image and three-dimensional sound reproduction make the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Headphones a loyal companion for producers. Outstanding tonal depth ensures that even small changes in the positioning of the acoustic source can be perceived while mixing.
Incredible Spaciousness: The circumaural headphones with their open-back design provide exceptional spaciousness and detailed tonal depth. Their mild bass and treble boost ensures a pleasant sound. The bass is not overstated but rather precise and the treble boost is powerfully present without sounding sharp.
Extreme Comfort: The single-sided cable allows the headphones to be put on and taken off frequently without cables getting tangled, and soft, adjustable ear cups provide for added comfort. The robust spring steel headband design ensures that the over-ear headphones also offer a secure fit.
Made in Germany: As with all Beyerdynamic professional studio headphones, the DT-990 Pro Headphones are handcrafted in Germany. The materials and component parts used are made by hand and can be replaced if necessary.
Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Headphones Features
- Circumaural headphones for professional mixing, mastering and editing, 250 ohms
- Transparent, spacious, bass and powerful sound
- Soft, circumaural and replaceable velour ear pads
- Robust, comfortably padded and adjustable spring steel headband design
- Made in Germany
Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Headphones Specifications
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Operating Principle: Open
- Nominal Frequency Response: 5 - 35,000 Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 250 O Per Cartridge
- Nominal SPL: 96 dB SPL
- Nominal T.H.D: < 0.2%
- Power Handling Capacity: 100 mW
- Sound Coupling to Ear: Circumaural
- Nominal Headband Pressure: Approx. 3.5 N
- Weight (Without Cable): 250 g
- Length and Type of Cable: 3 m / Coiled Cable
- Connection: Gold Plated Stereo Jack Plug (3.5 mm) and 1/4" Adapter (6.35 mm)
Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Headphones Includes
- DT-990 Pro Headphones
- Jack Adapter 6.35 mm
- Drawstring Bag
- Owners Manual
- 2 Year Warranty
Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Headphones Downloads
- Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Headphones Owners Manual (PDF)
- Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Headphones Spec Sheet (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I'm a big Fan of the DT990's. I use these as references between my both Sennheiser HD650's and Event Opals. They always offer an an answer, or an alternative perspective to trackling a mixdown. They are very transparent headphones!!