Audix ADX51 Pre-Polarized Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Audix ADX51 Pre-Polarized Cardioid Condenser Microphone designed to handle a wide variety of live, studio and broadcast applications
Audix ADX51 Pre-Polarized Cardioid Condenser Microphone Details
The Audix ADX51 is a professional pre-polarized condenser microphone used for stage, studio and broadcast applications. The ADX51 is known for its clear, accurate response and flexibility to handle close or distance miking for a wide variety of acoustic instruments.
Characterized with a uniformly controlled cardioid polar pattern, the ADX51 is designed to capture the acoustics of the instrument being miked while at the same time isolating it from the rest of the instruments on stage. With a wide frequency range of 40 Hz - 18 kHz, the ADX51 is equipped with an optional -10 dB pad and bass roll-off filter for added contour and control at the sound source.
The ADX51 is very easy to position, durable and manufactured with high standards and tight tolerances. Roadworthy construction includes a precision machined brass body, black e-coat finish, laser etched model and serial number, steel mesh grill, gold XLR connector and a tension-fit heavy duty nylon mic clip.
Audix ADX51 Pre-Polarized Cardioid Condenser Microphone Features
- Excellent multi-purpose instrument microphone
- Can be used for close or distance miking
- Machined brass housing
- -10 pad bass roll-off filter
- Roadworthy construction
Audix ADX51 Pre-Polarized Cardioid Condenser Microphone Applications
- Acoustic instruments
- Cymbals, drum overhead
- High-hat, percussion table
- Group vocal, speech
- Ambient room miking
- Audience mics for ear monitors
Audix ADX51 Pre-Polarized Cardioid Condenser Microphone Specifications
- Type: Pre-polarized Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 18kHz
- Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 17 mV/Pa @ 1kHz
- Tension-fit heavy duty nylon mic clip (DCLIP)
- External Foam Windscreen (WS-81)
- Carrying pouch (P1)
- DFLEX - All purpose percussion clamp
- DVICE - Spring loaded rim mount clamp
- DCLAMP - Tension rod mic clamp
- CBL-20 - 20â?? XLR - XLR mic cable
- CBL-DR25 - 25â?? right angle XLR-XLR mic cable
- SMT-25 - Shockmount suspension clip
- APS-2 - Two-channel phantom power supply
Audix ADX51 Pre-Polarized Cardioid Condenser Microphone Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have three of these in a drum bundle package. They get a lot of use on overheads & hi-hat, acoustic guitars, and occasional other uses. I utilized one of them on a session with an upright bass, and I was extremely impressed at the response, about two feet out pointed at the body. I was NOT expecting that quality in sound. Good mic for the price.
I purchased this mic primarily for hi hat miking
& used it on a string instrument as well, it did great on both! Love this mic! It has great open top end & rich lows, it compares to mics twice in their price range!