The Audio Technica ATH-M50x Headphones are closed-back dynamic monitor headphones designed to provide an unmatched experience for the most critical audio professionals!
The Audio Technica ATH-M50x Headphones offer a pure professional performance. As the most critically acclaimed model in the M-Series line, the Audio Technica ATH-M50 is praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers year after year. Now, the Audio Technica ATH-M50x professional monitor headphones feature the same coveted sonic signature, with the added feature of detachable cables. It also features large aperture drivers, sound isolating earcups and robust construction. Critically acclaimed M-Series professional monitor headphones deliver accurate audio and outstanding comfort, perfect for long sessions in the studio and on the go. Contoured earcups seal tight for excellent sound isolation, with minimal bleed. And the pro-grade materials are durable, yet comfortable. Find out why online reviewers, top audio engineers, and cult followers agree, M-Series is an unmatched combination of audio and build-quality that gets the job done. Hour after hour, year after year.
Audio Technica ATH-M50x Headphones Features
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° Swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Collapsible for space-saving portability
- Detachable cables (includes 1.2 m - 3.0 m coiled cable, 3.0 m straight cable and 1.2 m straight cable)
- Top choice for studio tracking and mixing, as well as DJ monitoring and personal listening
Audio Technica ATH-M50x Headphones Specifications
- Type: Closed-Back Dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 45 mm
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Voice Coil: CCAW (Copper-Clad Aluminum Wire)
- Frequency Response: 15 - 28,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power: 1,600 mW at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 99 dB
- Impedance: 38 Ohms
- Weight: 285 g (10 oz), Without Cable and Connector
- Cables: Interchangeable cables (Detachable 1.2 m - 3.0 m (3.9' - 9.8') Coiled Cable, Detachable 3.0 m (9.8') Straight Cable and Detachable 1.2 m (3.9') Straight Cable)
Audio Technica ATH-M50x Headphones Includes
- Audio Technica ATH-M50x Headphones
- 3 Cables
- 3.9 to 9.8' (1.2 to 3 m)
- Coiled Cable 9.8' (3 m)
- Straight Cable 3.9' (1.2 m) Straight Cable
- Protective Carrying Pouch
- 6.3 mm (1/4") Screw-On Adapter
- 2 Year Warranty
Audio Technica ATH-M50x Headphones Downloads
9 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Desert island cansNov 30th 2020
I have much more expensive headphones but always come back to these. They're just so accurate and comfortable, I can track for hours without a break. Having three different lengths of detachable cables is a huge plus.
Just what the Doctor orderedMar 8th 2016
I use the ATH M50 phones to help with mixing tracks and they are perfect for that. I use the ATH-D40fs for the Drum booth. Again they are perfect. The clarity of the track coming through is superb. A must for any Studio environment.
Re-discovering the Joy of Headphones!Nov 27th 2015
I was grinning from ear-to-ear enjoying the sweet detail, effortless mids, non-strident highs, and most importantly, accurate bottom end. Comfy, too!
Audio Technica ATH-M50xOct 13th 2014
It works great !!!
Incredible HeadphonesJan 20th 2012
Being an engineer and studio musician, I live in headphones. I was really fed up with hyped, midrainge cans ( have tried a lot of hi end cans . I really needed something close to my monitors. Then I found the M50. I have to say now I spend more time with the M50 then with my monitors ( and I have serious monitors, and my room is tuned). I love these headphones.
Amazing HeadphonesMar 22nd 2011
I've used many different headphones over the years, some good, some not so good. The ATH-M50's are most definitely the best. The clarity is well defined and there is no boomy bass. They are very comfortable as well. But more important, you will get an accurate reading of your mixes, hearing the little sounds you miss in other phones. Simply Amazing.
Comfortable and accurateDec 22nd 2010
The ATH-M50s are comfortable headphones, both for my head and ears. Can definitely last longer on these than some others, but still experience some fatigue after several hours. Pretty accurate frequency response and dynamics.
Good monitoring headphonesOct 19th 2010
The M50 is a solidly constructed headphone probably well-suited for daily use in a studio (don't have or work in a studio so I can't speak for that). Good isolation and fairly comfortable, with not too much pressure on the ears. Good clean, clear sound with a fair amount of bass thump. More discrete-sounding than the competitive Shure SRH840 and with less of a treble tilt. Better fit on larger heads too.
so comfortable you can mix for hoursJun 10th 2010
These headphones are awesome. Some days the monitors hardly see any action because these headphones are simply too cushy to put down. I've worn them for 8 hours straight with no strain on the ears, unlike other brands I've tried which gave me a headache. Dynamics are great, very detailed, a joy to use. Love to use them especially when editing. I also prefer them over my sonys when recording bass and electric guitar direct. I seem to hear the mix better on these bad boys