ART Pro MPA II Tube Preamp
The ART Pro MPA II Tube Preamp is the next generation in affordable high performance microphone preamp technology. Each microphone input circuit, with selectable 48V phantom power, features variable input impedance which can radically vary the overall performance of any high quality dynamic or ribbon microphone.
The ART Pro MPA II Tube Preamp can be configured for dual mono or stereo operation with selectable mid/side mic support, summing the adjacent channel, to decode left/right signals.
The ART Pro MPA II can operate at either a low or high plate voltage on the two integrated hand-selected 12AX7 tubes for wider variation of preamp tone and performance. Large back-lit analog VU output meters display output levels while multi-colored LED arrays show tube gain.
Housed in a standard 2u space rack-mountable steel chassis, with CNC routed black anodized aluminum face panel, the ART Pro MPA II is designed to deliver years of reliable operation in the studio, production facility, or on the road for live sound reinforcement.
ART Pro MPA II Tube Preamp Features
- Variable input impedance for flexible microphone voicing (150 Ohms To 2400 Ohms)
- Selectable plate voltage
- Large VU meters
- Backlit function switches
- Discrete Class-A input microphone preamplifier
- Low noise at lower gain settings
- Extremely low total harmonic distortion (THD)
- Wide frequency response
- Additional front mounted instrument input jack
- Supports mid/side miking technique
- Operates at +4dbm/-10dbv output
- Selectable stereo/dual operation of output controls
- Automatic instrument input selection
ART Pro MPA II Tube Preamp Specifications
- Frequency Response: 15Hz to 48kHz (+0, -1dB) @ normal plate voltage 15Hz to 120kHz (+0, -1dB) @ high plate voltage
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.005% (typical)
- CMRR: > 90dB
- Dynamic Range: > 110dB (“A” weighted)
- Equivalent Input Noise: -129dBu (XLR, “A” weighted)
- Input Impedance: 150-3000 O adjustable (XLR), > 800K O (Instrument)
- Maximum Gain: 75dB
- Maximum Input Level: +19dBu (cannon)
- Maximum Instrument Input: +17dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +27dBu (XLR)
- Output Impedance:
- Meter Calibration: 0 VU = +4dBu outupt (+4dB mode) / 0 VU = -10dBV output (-10dB mode)
- High Pass Filter: Single pole, 10-200 Hz adjustable
- Power Requirements: USA – 105 to 125 VAC / 60 Hz (Export units configured for country of destination)
- Dimensions: 8.75?D x 19.0?W x 3.50? H (222mm x 482mm x 88mm)
- Weight: 10.5 lbs (4.5 kg)
ART Pro MPA II Tube Preamp Includes
- ART Pro MPA II Tube Preamp
- 3 Year Warranty
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Like many other home studio owners, I was looking for value and quality in a mic preamp that is not boring and lifeless. Enter the ART Pro MPA-II. A true full voltage tube preamp. 150 volts on the tubes produces a tube sound they way it was meant to be. Both input and output controls and great metering of both input and output. Now, the real beauty of this preamp is how it responds to tube changing. No other preamp I've ever used is so sensitive to a tube upgrade. I tried many, many tubes and found the holy grail: NOS JAN Phillips 5751s. Makes the already great sounding Pro MPA II sound world class. On top of that, it has what to my knowledge no other mic preamp has: a continuously variable input impedance control. Turn this control to about 600 and voila! Instant vintage sound. It's the one preamp I use on almost every source (I have several). I'll never part with mine. By far the best product ART have ever made.
This unit is great and when you switch the voltage on the face of the unit it gets even better. Tons of warm saturation, its a great bass DI. One thing I suggest is to get a NOS Mullard Tube and a NOS Telefunken tube. I did this with my unit and the differences were subtle yet noticeable. I basically had 2 different tones from each channel. Came in handy on different voices with different mic selections.