Miktek MPA-201 Microphone Preamp
The Miktek MPA-201 Microphone Preamp is a dual channel class A discrete transistor mic preamplifier designed to provide a pristine signal path with a sweet and linear response that will please the most sophisticated listeners. With 70 dB of gain, 48-volt phantom power and variable impedance selector, the MPA-201 will highlight and enhance the sound of any microphone.
The Miktek MPA-201 Microphone Preamp features 6 of Miktek's custom built AMI transformers. The Miktek MPA-201 sports 70 dB of gain as well as a hi-pass filter and selectable impedance between 300 Ohms, 600 Ohms, and 1200 Ohms. This mic preamp with all of this value is sure to be a game-changer for your studio!
Given the reputation their microphones have garnered in such a short time, when the folks at Miktek say the Miktek MPA-201 sounds phenomenal, then you had better believe it.
Each channel of the Miktek MPA-201 boasts a large analog VU meter that can be switched from input to output, plus an LED Peak output meter, making it easy to set a good level. This innovative preamplifier design also features a Phase switch and variable High Pass Filter, which allows you to reduce unwanted low frequencies in your recording and help reduce stage rumble in live sound applications.
The Miktek MPA-201 Microphone Preamplifier features discrete transistors and six Miktek custom transformers, which produce a quality sound you would normally expect only from a vintage piece. It features Direct Inputs on each channel, through a dedicated transformer, for recording instruments like guitar, bass and keyboards. Do you like to record your guitar or bass with an effects pod or plug-ins? Plug in to the Miktek MPA-201 first to capture that big studio sound thats far beyond whats possible with a standard audio interface.
Perfect for adding a world-class signal path in front of your digital recordings, the Miktek MPA-201 Microphone Preamplifier is a must for any serious recordist.
Miktek MPA-201 Microphone Preamp Features
- 2-Channel microphone preamplifier
- Class A, discreet transistor vintage design
- Linear response 1 dB down at 10Hz and 1 dB down at 100kHz
- 70 dB of gain per channel
- Sweet sound from custom designed transformers (6 custom built AMI transformers)
- 48 Volt phantom power
- Variable high-pass filter (30Hz - 300Hz)
- Relay controlled phase switch
- Smooth switch selects different output loading for "racked" and "in-console" sound
- Impedance selector allows for 300, 600, or 1200 O load
- ¼-inch direct input with dedicated input transformer and "2X" routing with four impedance loaded tone contours
- Large backlit VU meters switchable to display input and output levels
- +4 XLR balanced outputs
- Heavy duty metal construction featuring steel chassis and milled aluminum front panel in an attractive silver finish
Miktek MPA-201 Microphone Preamp Specifications
- Type: Class A
- Frequency Response: 10Hz 100 kHz
- Gain: 20 - 70 dB
- Impedance: Variable 300, 600 and 1200 Ohms
- High Pass: Variable 18Hz - 300Hz
- Phase: Relay Switching
- Phantom: 48 Volts
- Dimensions: (L x W x H) 19" x 14" x 3.75"
- Weight: 16 lbs.
Miktek MPA-201 Microphone Preamp Includes
- MPA-201 Microphone Preamp
- Rubber Feet
- IEC Mains Power Cable
Miktek MPA-201 Microphone Preamp Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review