Apogee Quartet USB Audio Interface
The Apogee Quartet USB Audio Interface, the ultimate desktop studio interface and control center for Mac. The Apogee Quartet is designed to deliver the ultimate desktop recording experience and bridges the gap between the 2-channel Apogee Duet and the 8-channel Apogee Ensemble.
Meet the Apogee Quartet USB Audio Interface - the ultimate desktop studio interface and control center for Mac. Apogee Quartet is a professional USB audio interface designed to deliver the ultimate desktop recording experience to the Mac-based studio. Featuring 4 inputs and 8 outputs of Apogee's industry-leading AD/DA conversion technology as well as 4 world-class mic preamps, Quartet bridges the gap between the 2-channel Apogee Duet and the 8-channel Apogee Ensemble.
The Quartet has all the I/O you need with room to grow. Connect up to 4 microphones, instruments, keyboards or line inputs. Plug in your MIDI controller or keyboard. Expand with up to 8 digital inputs. Monitor and mix it all in stereo, with up to 3 sets of speakers or in 5.1 surround. Quartet is the center of the modern studio and will help you take the performance and sound quality of your projects to the next level.
Quartet is simple, powerful, and easy to work with. With its ergonomic, angular design and intuitive user interface, Quartet is inspiring, easy to use and in perfect harmony with your workspace. Dual full-color screens for critical input and output details, QuickTouch pads for easy I/O selection, and a single controller knob to conduct it all, make Quartet the perfect studio control center for your Mac.
Apogee is known for legendary sound quality. Apogee is an award-winning industry leader in digital recording technology with over 25 years of experience. Preferred by recording pros around the world, Apogee products like Duet, Ensemble and Symphony I/O have been instrumental in creating countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning recordings and have set the industry standard in professional recording for over two decades. Quartet is built solidly on this reputation.
From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters and the clocking, Quartet is best-in-class and cutting-edge Apogee technology. With components carefully selected in critical listening tests and a highly efficient circuit design, Quartet was built by Apogee engineers to make a difference you can hear.
Much like the mic preamps, Quartet's AD/DA converters are designed to deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. Quartet's efficient circuitry and state-of-the-art components provide a simplified signal path resulting in incredibly transparent recordings.
Quartet's mic preamps feature the latest components and offer seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible range of 0-75dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level, either with the controller knob or from within software, while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. Quartet's mic pres are suitable for all dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones, allowing you to capture any sound without compromise.
Apogee Quartet USB Audio Interface Features
- USB 2.0 High-speed Mac audio interface
- Best-in-class sound quality with Apogee AD/DA converters
- 4 Analog Inputs with world-class mic preamps
- Combination line (balanced +20dBu max)
- Mic/Instrument (+20dBu/+14dBu max)
- 4 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
- Digital Inputs
- ADAT/SMUX Input, 8 channels, 2 Toslink connectors, 44.1kHz to 96kHz
- MIDI input (USB-A type connector)
- 8 Analog Outputs
- 6 Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
- 1 Independent 1/4â? stereo headphone output
- Digital Outputs
- MIDI output (USB-A type connector)
- Word clock output on BNC connector
- A/D and D/A conversion: 24 bit/192kHz
- 2 top panel high-resolution OLED displays
- Controller knob
- 6 touchpads for direct selection of inputs and outputs
- 3 assignable touchpads to control
- Mute Outputs
- Dim Outputs
- Sum to Mono
- Clear Meters
- Engage Speaker Set (allows monitoring of up to 3 pairs of speakers)
- Quartet works with any Core Audio compatible application including: Logic, Pro Tools 9 and 10, Final Cut. Ableton Live
- Made in the U.S.A.
Apogee Quartet USB Audio Interface Specifications
- Mac OS:
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.6.8, 10.7.5 or greater
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- Power: DC Power supply included
- iOS version: 6 or greater
- Connection: Lightning connector
- DC Power supply included
- iOS device compatibility:
- iPod touch (5th generation), iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s, iPhone 4
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- Compatible Software:
- Any Mac Core Audio compatible application
- Recommended apps: Logic, GarageBand, MainStage, Final Cut, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, Studio One, Cubase, and Nuendo
- Any iOS Core Audio compatible app. Recommended apps: GarageBand, Auria
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Apogee quartet is as close many of us can get to the real deal studios. In fact I know quite a few pro studios use it in their mix rooms. Great pre's with tons of gain and intuitive interface that any one can learn. My trackball mouse confuses people more then this thing does! Great service and support by FEA as well as always fuss free kind and caring!
What can I say; people seem to either love the Apogee sound or hate it. I like it and while the original Duet sounds good this thing sounds distinctly better; pretty sweet indeed. The soft limit is really helpful recording our string band. Sounds very musical and keeps the banjo player in check. Plenty of gain for vintage ribbons too.
Works flawlessly with my old lappy running 10.6.8, my new imac with 10.8.6, my pad, and phone and the one knob control is so intuitive even a quasi-Luddite like me can use it.
Front End's service, support and shipping is as good as it gets. Thanks Alan!