The Amphion One25A Active Studio Monitors is a 3-way studio monitor that is true to Amphion core strengths of advanced acoustic design, simple signal path, naturalness and high level resolution enhanced with the benefits of active design, without any of the downsides.
Despite its compact size, the One25A is a powerful, full range monitor designed for the modern sound-making environment. The One25A opens the door to not only recording studios, but also commercial studios, educational facilities, post-production, classical recording, and screen music compositions that require true full range.
Listening for impact, designing for results
The brand’s dedication to honest and impactful audio and innovations in cabinet construction, driver selection, and crossover design have made them favorites of engineers and producers the world over including Jacquire King, Josh Gudwin, Mike Dean and Finneas O’Connell. This singular dedication to representing sound in ways that move the heart as well as the head similarly impacted the approach to the design of One25A. “Some might be a bit surprised about introduction of an active Amphion product, but it must be remembered that One25A’s active 3-way high-resolution filter is simply a natural progression from the active 2-way filters that we have utilized in our Base systems since 2015. Our design philosophy has always been driven by results rather than technology–oriented. So, we use whatever approach we feel works best for a certain product” explained Amphion CEO Anssi Hyvönen. As with all Amphion monitors, One25A’s unique approach starts with its cabinet design. The compact monitor utilizes an innovative sealed dual cabinet with isolated bass and midrange chambers to minimize acoustic cross-coupling and provide superior resolution and clarity. The baffle around the midrange chamber is acoustically symmetrical for a smooth frequency curve and precise imaging, and the design also incorporates the 5th generation of Amphion’s proprietary U/D/D (Uniformly Directive Diffusion) into the speaker for improved driver integration and speaker performance. Resonance and energy transfer are also optimized in the hexagonal bass cabinet design for a rich bass response that feels impactful, but precise. The result is a tight, tuneful reference monitor with all of the speed and accuracy users have come to expect from Amphion.
Compact design, classic Amphion performance
To achieve the highest signal integrity and the sonic transparency Amphion is known for, a minimalistic cross-over design was needed. Building on the 2-way active circuitry of the Amphion Base-units, a mastering grade resolution is now available in an active 3-way monitor. Key factors such as high bandwidth, no higher order or cross-over distortion and excellent signal-to-noise ratio translate into an effortless and rich listening experience. In terms of electronics, One25A’s matched amplifiers provide excellent headroom and full-range power suitable for all applications including music creation, film and TV scoring, and audio post-production. Electronic components are located on the exterior and are well isolated from the speaker enclosure, which not only improves performance but ensures long life and easy serviceability as well as adaptation to soffit mounting. As with Amphion’s passive monitor designs, the One25A achieves the benefits of pure, short, signal path that maximizes dynamics, resolution, and emotional transfer.
Amphion One25A Active Studio Monitors Features
- Acoustic symmetry: The baffle around the midrange is acoustically symmetrical, leading to a smooth frequency curve and precise imaging. Amphion's proprietary 5th generation U/D/D (Uniformly Directive Diffusion) offers multiple advantages as it improves driver integration and speaker performance in a room.
- Compact, yet full range: Amphion One25A is physically small enough to be placed on a large format console, but still powerful enough even in the largest control rooms. One25A is truly full-range (20Hz -3dB) and therefore highly suitable for all modern sound-making applications, be it music or movies.
- Isolated independent bass and midrange chambers: Midrange driver and tweeter are located in their own isolated chamber, and therefore a woofer’s potential negative effects, such as pressure changes, can be minimized. This leads to the highest possible levels of midrange and treble resolution and transparency. Due to its special internal shape the creation standing waves are eliminated.
- Cabinet resonance control: The enclosure of One25A utilizes the know-how from world-class instrument building, but in reverse manner. The resonance-control and energy-transfer of the rigid, sealed enclosure are optimized for nuance-rich bass frequencies, which words alone are not enough to explain, and only a sonic self-experience can deliver.
- Short signal path: Active speakers typically suffer from a lack of resolution due to their complex signal paths. The active crossover of the One25A is very simple, leading to maximum transparency and performance. Just as the 2-way filters before, the 3-way filter remains simple and elegant, ensuring the highest level of transparency.
- Long lifetime and serviceability: The beauty of electronics is also the curse of electronics as it ages everything it touches prematurely. Instead of placing the amplifier inside the monitor where it interferes with the moving elements, the Amp packs are located outside the speakers to ensure maximum ventilation and lowest possible operating temperature. They are also easily removed and replaced to ensure easy serviceability in case of problems or updates in the far future.
Amphion One25A Active Studio Monitors Specifications
- Operating principle: Active, 3-way, sealed cabinet
- Tweeter: 25 mm / 1” titanium
- Mid: 15 cm / 5¼” aluminum
- Bass: 25 cm / 10” aluminum
- Crossover points: 100 Hz / 2000 Hz
- Amplifier power: Bass 700 W
- Tweeter / Midrange: 2 x 205 W THD + N 0,002%
- Frequency response: 22 – 22 000 Hz (-3dB)
- Max SPL: 112 dB
- Connections: Balanced XLR Input, 1x Female XLR, pin 2-hot
- Mains: 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz (Auto select)
- Measurements (H x W x D): 316 x 510 x 487 mm
- Weight: 41 kg / 91 lb
Amphion One25A Active Studio Monitors Includes
- 2x Amphion One25A Active Studio Monitors
- Power Cables
- Manufacturer Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review