Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 Mixer
The Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 Mixer gives musicians, recording artists and venues the ruggedness and hands-on control of an analogue mixer, paired with the versatility and convenience of a 2×2 USB interface.
The Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 Mixer is a hybrid compact mixer with USB interface. Whether it’s bouncing ideas around at home, performing live or recording tracks to share on YouTube and Soundcloud, Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 is a versatile companion for every step of the creative journey. Featuring the new GSPre boutique preamp design, developed from the revered GS-R24 studio recording console, the ZED boasts exceptionally low noise and massive headroom, with a signature analogue warmth and depth. Guitarists will be pleased to know that Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 comes with a pair of Guitar DI high impedance inputs, allowing guitars to be plugged straight into the mixer without the hassle and expense of carrying separate DI boxes.
Mixer + USB Interface
The Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 offers the best of both worlds, incorporating a studio quality 2 in / 2 out, 24-bit/96kHz USB audio interface for hassle-free recording and playback to/from a Mac or PC, or to an iOS device using the iOS camera kit. The USB output source can be set up in several different ways to match your workflow. Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 is class compliant with Mac and iOS.
Cubase LE Music Production Software Included
The Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 comes with the acclaimed Cubase LE software. Cubase LE offers powerful yet easy-to-use software tools for audio recording, editing, MIDI sequencing and mixing. Its vast range of proven editing and sequencing tools can be used for a large range of music styles and areas of application. From singers and songwriters recording vocal lines to rock bands jamming in their rehearsal room, Cubase LE is as easy as it gets – with outstanding audio quality as well as time-saving recording and editing functionality.
Cubasis LE Mobile Music Production App
The mixer also comes bundled with the Cubasis LE app. Cubasis LE is the compact version of Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad, providing the same look and feel of its bigger brother Cubasis. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis LE makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze.
Exceptional Audio Quality
The Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 features an exceptional new preamp design, created by analogue guru, Mike Griffin and developed from his highly acclaimed GS-R24 studio recording console. Known as GSPre, the preamps deliver exceptionally low noise and massive headroom, and the warmth and depth that Allen & Heath’s analogue range is famous for. For tonal shaping, the precise MusiQ EQ controls have been carefully calibrated for responsiveness and precision, making it easy to shape and enhance each musical source.
All ZED mixers are designed and built to Allen & Heath’s legendary touring grade standards to ensure a long life in the toughest environments. All channels are on individual, vertical circuit boards and all rotary controls are secured to the front panel with a steel nut to guard against impact damage.
Made for Guitars
The Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 comes with two Guitar DI high impedance jack inputs, allowing guitars to be plugged straight into the mixer without the need for DI boxes. That’s one less piece of gear to buy, carry and set up.
It’s an Allen & Heath
Allen & Heath has been a trusted name in professional audio since 1969. The ZED technology advances, but the commitment to audio excellence and build quality endures.
Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 Mixer Features
- 2 In, 2 out USB Audio Interface (24-bit/96kHz)
- Cubase LE Software included
- Cubasis LE App included
- 2 Mic / Line Inputs with separate XLR and TRS jack sockets
- 2 Stereo Inputs with TRS jack sockets
- 2 Guitar DI high impedance inputs, eliminating the need for DI boxes
- Lo-cut filter for cleaning up unwanted low frequency noise
- 2 Band EQ for easy creative and corrective tonal shaping
- 60mm Smooth travel fader on main mix
- XLR main outputs
- Flexible signal monitoring
- 8 LED signal metering
- 48V Phantom Power for condenser mics
- Robust internal power supply
Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 Mixer Specifications
- Operating Levels:
- Mono Channel (XLR) Input (For Nominal 0dBu): -5dBu to –60dBu (+13dBu Maximum)
- Mono Channel Instrument/Line Input (Jack Socket): +14dBu to -40dBu (+17dBu Maximum)
- Stereo Input (Jack Sockets): 0dBu Nominal (Control = Off to +15dB Gain)
- L/R Outputs (XLR): 0dBu (+18dBu Maximum)
- FX Output (Jack Sockets): 0dBu (+18dBu Maximum)
- Frequency Response:
- Mic In to Mix L/R Out, 30dB Gain: 10Hz to 20kHz +0.5/-1dB
- Instrument/Line In to Mix L/R Out 0dB Gain: 10Hz to 20kHz +0.5/-1dB
- Stereo In to Mix L/R Out: 10Hz to 20kHz +0.5/-1dB
- Mic In to Mix L/R Out, 10dB Gain 1kHz +10dBu Out (22Hz-22kHz): 0.002%
- Mic In to Mix L/R Out, 30dB Gain 1kHz (22Hz-22kHz Filter): 0.005%
- Instrument In to Mix L/R Out 0dB Gain 0dBu 1kHz (22Hz-22kHz Filter): 0.03% 2nd Harmonic
- Stereo In to Mix L/R Out 0dB Gain +10dBu 1kHz (22Hz-22kHz Filter): 0.0025%
- Analogue Headroom from Nominal (0Vu): 18dB
- USB In & Out Headroom from Nominal (0Vu): 18dB
- Mic Pre EIN @ Max Gain 150R Input Z (22Hz-22kHz Filter): -127dBu
- Mix L/R Out, L/R Fader = 0, Channel Levels Min (22Hz-22kHz Filter): -94dBu
- Mix L/R Out, L/R Faders = 0, Channel Levels 0dB (22Hz-22kHz Filter): -91dBu
- USB Audio:
- USB Audio In/Out: USB 2.0 Compliant
- Bit Depth: 24 Bit
- Sample Rate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz
- Width: 249mm (9.8”)
- Height: 88.9mm (3.5”)
- Depth: 236.4mm (9.3”)
- Weight: 3 lbs.
Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 Mixer Includes
- Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 Mixer
- IEC C5 Mains Power Cable
- USB A-B Cable 2M
- Cubase LE
- User Guide
- 1 Year Warranty
Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 Mixer Downloads
- Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 Mixer User Guide (PDF)
- Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 Mixer Data Sheet (PDF)
- Allen & Heath ZEDi-8 Mixer Brochure (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review