The Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX Mixer is an ultra-portable multipurpose mixer with FX for live sound and recording. Perfect for solo artists and small bands, the new ZED60-10FX adds premium quality 60mm faders for an intuitive, tactile mixing experience.
The Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX Mixer is a guitarist’s dream. Two of the 4 mono channels have high impedance jack inputs that can take a normal line level or a low level input from a guitar pickup, so guitars can be plugged straight into the mixer without the need for DI boxes. These inputs have been crafted to recreate the sound of a classic tube preamp in a combo or head amp for incredible definition and warmth. Two stereo inputs are provided for MP3/CD players or keyboards.
The Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX Mixer comes with configurable USB audio in/out, making it easy to capture a stereo recording at the gig or in the studio. The mixer is equipped with professional XLR main stereo outputs, a flexible monitoring section with headphone and speaker feed outputs, and 16 stunning FX.
Most important of all, the Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX lives up to the audio and build quality standards that have made Allen & Heath one of the most trusted names in professional audio for more than 40 years.
USB Audio Flexibility
Getting audio to and from a computer easily is now a common requirement for live sound and music production. The way this has been implemented on ZED is super-flexible and super-easy! No longer do you need to fiddle around the back of your PC to get to the sound card inputs, only to find that the levels are all wrong and noisy. Just plug in a USB lead to your Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX, select the USB routing on the mixer and the device on your computer and that’s it! CD quality audio to and from your PC or Mac. Switches and connection through jack socket terminals provide different send/return configurations:-
- Send Options: (1) Main Mix Left + Right (Post master Level), (2) Aux + FX bus (Aux is a pre-fade send, FX is a post-fade send), (3) Record Bus Left + Right (Separate stereo bus to Main Mix)
- Return Options: (1) To Playback input (through jack socket break contacts), (2) To Stereo 2 channel (through jack socket break contacts)
The Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX Mixer features a responsive 3-band British EQ with sweepable mid frequency that is acclaimed for its musicality, even when applying extreme creative or corrective equalization. All EQ controls have been carefully calibrated for responsiveness and smooth, precise adjustment.
The Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX Mixer has an essential selection of 16 time-delay effects, designed for small groups who don’t want to carry around an effects unit with their gear but who still want great quality FX at their gigs and on their recordings. Allen & Heath's DSP engineers worked hard, crafting and refining beautiful reverb algorithms to enhance every performance. These effects are available nowhere else at this price point – this quality and integration is only available from the ZED-FX. ZED effects are easily controlled using 3 buttons with 9 display LEDs. For example, the ideal delay time can be quickly tapped-in, or the perfect amount of reverb on the lead vocal can be dialled-in. There is one-stop navigation and editing – in fact, it’s just as easy as using effects pedals. To alter effects parameters, the TAP button is held down and the up/down buttons pressed to adjust the specific parameter for that effect, for example, the decay length on PLATE, or the depth on CHORUS.
The Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX’s pre-amps are similar in design to Allen & Heath's MixWizard range of mixers, but with a twist! Inputs 3 & 4 have a high impedance jack input capable of taking either a normal line level or a low level input from a guitar pickup. These newly designed inputs have been crafted with the aim of replicating the sound of a classic guitar or instrument tube pre-amp in a combo or head amp. An extremely high input impedance ensures loading on pick-ups is minimal and a Class A FET (field effect transistor) circuit powered from 48V is employed to give the valve-like gain stage. There is a gain “Boost” switch associated with the guitar inputs which boosts gain by 26dB to cater for instruments with very low level outputs and the overdrive characteristics of the guitar inputs are very similar to a valve (tube) circuit, being asymmetric and soft. All this makes for a wonderfully natural sound to be reproduced from the instrument, full of warmth and character.
Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX Mixer Features
- 4 Mic/line inputs, 2 with Class A FET high impedance
- 60mm Professional quality faders
- Responsive 3-band, swept mid EQ with MusiQ
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- 1 Pre-fade Aux send
- 1 FX send
- 2 Stereo inputs
- Separate 2-track record outputs
- 16 Internal Effects
- XLR main stereo outputs with inserts
- Comprehensive monitoring
- 48V Microphone phantom power
- DI level switching with Gain Boost
- Neutrik XLRs and 1/4 inch jacks
Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX Mixer Specifications
- Operating Levels:
- Mono Channel (XLR) Input: -10 to –60dBu for Nominal (+11dBu In Max)
- Mono Channel Line Input (Jack Socket): +10 to –40dBu (+31dBu Maximum)
- Stereo Input (Jack or Phono Sockets): 0dBu Nominal (Control = Off to +15dB)
- L/R Outputs ( XLR) Normal/DI Out: 0dBu/-30dBu +21dBu/-9dBu Maximum
- Aux & FX Outputs (Jack Sockets): 0dBu Nominal. +21dBu Maximum
- Record & Monitor Outputs (Phono Sockets): 0dBu Nominal. +21dBu Maximum
- Frequency Response:
- Mic In to Mix L/R Out, 30dB Gain: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Line In to Mix L/R Out 0dB Gain: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 25kHz
- Stereo In to Mix L/R Out: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Mic In to Mix L/R Out, 10dB Gain 1kHz +10dBu Out: 0.002%
- Mic In to Mix L/R Out, 30dB Gain 1kHz: 0.01%
- Line In to Mix L/R Out 0dB Gain 0dBu 1kHz: 0.003%
- Stereo In to Mix L/R Out 0dB Gain +10dBu 1kHz: 0.002%
- Gtr Input to Mix L/R Out, 0dBu, Boost Out: 0.015%
- Gtr Input to Mix L/R Out, 0dBu, Boost In: 2% Second Harmonic
- Analogue Headroom from Nominal (0Vu): 21dB
- USB In & Out Headroom from Nominal (0Vu): 14dB
- Mic Pre EIN @ Max Gain 150R Input Z 22-22kHz: -127dBu
- Mix L/R Out, L/R Faders = 0, Levels Min, 22-22kHz: -96dBu
- USB Audio CODEC (Coder/Decoder):
- USB Audio In/Out: USB 1.1 Compliant 16 Bit
- Sample Rate: 32, 44.1, or 48kHz
- Width: 336mm (13.2 Inches)
- Length: 346mm (13.6 Inches)
- Depth: 95mm (3.7 Inches)
- Unpacked: 3.8kg (8.4 lb)
- Packed: 4.4kg (9.7 lb)
Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX Mixer Includes
- Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX Mixer
- Mains Lead
- User Guide
- 1 Year Warranty
Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX Mixer Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Excellent small mixer for recording and live workJan 28th 2013
This is a great quality mixer. The pre-amps are very low noise and the ability to connect an accousitc guitar directly in is a plus for small environments. Having USB built in is great for both recording and playing music out from the computer.