The AKAI MPC X Music Production Center is a standalone MPC powered by the AKAI's MPC 2.0 Software for music production. Incorporating a beautiful, full color 10.1 multi-touch screen, 16 amazingly responsive, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads and 16 gigs of internal storage, this AKAI MPC X also features 2 USB slots for MIDI controller connectivity.
The amazing features of the AKAI MPC X make it a legend maker. The history of modern music is intrinsically linked to the Akai Professional MPC line. In creating the new AKAI MPC X, the AKAI Professional have learned lessons from every MPC that preceded it to engineer a production centerpiece truly fit to be the Music Production Center of the future.
The Beast, Unleashed
The AKAI MPC X is powered by the AKAI's stellar MPC 2.0 Software, which runs natively in standalone mode. For more expressive performances, there are 16 touch-sensitive 360-degree assignable potsperfect for precisely automating individual QLink parameters. Above each of those QLink pots is a high-resolution OLED display, detailing info for the individual parameter.
To Plug or Not to Plug
Whether you prefer to go computer-free or not, it can't be denied that there are some fantastic sounding VST instruments and effects out there. For those times when you need your favorite plug-ins, the AKAI MPC X effortlessly goes from formidable standalone to high-powered MIDI controller, explicitly designed to run the feature-rich MPC Software 2.0 in your favorite DAW. A number of new features added to 2.0 include: Audio track recording, improved time warp, enhanced Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and dropall appearing on a new graphical interface.
Infinite Sounds, Unlimited Inspiration
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The AKAI MPC X builds on that reputation. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including CAPSUN ProAudio, MVP Loops, CR2 Records, as well as the AKAI's. Want to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? The AKAI MPC X features a 2.5 SATA drive connector providing additional storage via installation of a fixed hard drive SSD or HDD (sold separately). Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive. You can also record directly to all the aforementioned storage locations.
Above and Beyond
The AKAI MPC X has a number of additional features that make it the most powerful standalone music production tool to date. Onboard CV/Gate outputs enable the analog control of modular gear such as classic synths and drum machines. For vinyl junkies, the AKAI Professional include two RCA phono inputs with RIAA preamp to ensure the right levels are coming into the X from your turntable. The joy of sampling vinyl is at the core of what made the classic MPC workflow legendary. The AKAI Professional are staying true to their roots while simultaneously improving the sound and stability of the sampling process.
The AKAI MPC X is the pinnacle of lengthy research and development, detailed feedback from the AKAI's passionate user base and the merging of the best technologies from across their product line.
The AKAI Professional proudly present the Music Production Center that embodies the best of past, present and future beat-oriented production machines. The AKAI MPC X will be the centerpiece of studios worldwideand yours for years to come.
AKAI MPC X Music Production Center Features
- Standalone MPC no computer required
- 10.1 full-color multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software
- 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Link controls with OLED displays
- Turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- User-expandable 2.5 SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI Outputs
- 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs for the analog control of modular gear, such as classic synths
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link and WiFi will be supported in future updates
AKAI MPC X Music Production Center Specifications
- 16 x velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- 8 x banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- 16 x 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link knobs for parameter adjustment
- 1 x 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- 7 x 270° knobs for gain, mix & level adjustment
- Buttons: 63 dedicated-function buttons
- 10.1 / 257 mm (diagonal)
- 8.5 x 5.5 / 216 x 139 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- Processor 1.8 GHz quad-core ARM® Cortex® A17 processor
- RAM 2 GB
- Storage 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content),
- 4 GB (MPC operating system)
- 2 x XLR+1/4 (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
- 2 x 1/4 (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair)
- 2 x 1/4 (6.35 mm) TS instrument inputs (Inst 1/2)
- 2 x RCA inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair, phono- or line-level)
- 2 x 1/4 (6.35 mm) TS footswitch inputs (FS 1/2)
- 2 x 5-pin MIDI inputs
- 8 x 1/4 (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (Main L/R, Outputs 3/47/8: 4 stereo pairs)
- 4 x 5-pin MIDI outputs
- 8 x 1/8 (3.5 mm) CV/Gate outputs
- 1 x 1/4 (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output
- 1 x 1/8 (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
- 2 x USB Type-A ports (1) USB Type-B port
- 1 x SD card slot
- 1 x power adapter input Power via power adapter (19 V, 3.42 A, center-positive, included)
- Dimensions (width x depth x height):
- 19.9 x 16.7 x 3.4 / 50.5 x 42.4 x 8.7 cm (display flat)
- 19.9 x 15.3 x 8.4 / 50.5 x 38.8 x 21.4 cm (display upright)
- Weight: 12.57 lbs. (5.66 kg)
AKAI MPC X Music Production Center Requirements
- Controller Mode: Windows 8.1 or newer
- Controller Mode: Mac OS X 10.10.5 or newer
- MPC 2.0: Minimum 2GB free disk space (20GB for all content)
- Minimum 4GB RAM (8GB recommended)
- Minimum Dual-core 2.5GHz CPU
AKAI MPC X Music Production Center Includes
- Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- Software Download Card
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
AKAI MPC X Music Production Center Downloads
- AKAI MPC X Music Production Center User Guide / Owners Manual
- AKAI MPC X Music Production Center Quickstart Guide
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
No better drum and beats machine on the marketApr 6th 2021
Ok, first off I’m a guitar player first and foremost so synths and drum machines are a different world to me. I wanted to be able to create some live beats and intermix sampling. Every video I watched of this seemed overwhelming but amazing. So I finally pulled the trigger. When it arrives it seemed overwhelming but everything is so logical once you get to mixing. The only trick is learning the menu navigation so make sure you watch an online tutorial or read the manual but outside of that it is a cinch.