Yamaha MGP24X 24-Channel Mixer
Yamaha MGP24X 24-Channel Mixer, 24-track analog mixer with digital control and features 16 D-Pre microphone preamps!
Yamaha MGP24X 24-Channel Mixer Details
The Yamaha MGP24X 24-Channel Analog Mixing Console with DSP Effects from Yamaha is a 24-track analog mixer with digital control and features 16 D-Pre microphone preamps, 24 line inputs, 6 auxiliary inputs, and 2 effects sends. It is designed for use in live sound environments, including clubs and houses of worship.
Each channel has Yamaha's X-pressive 3-band equalizer and 1-Knob compressor, allowing channel-independent frequency and dynamic control. The MGP24X has an integrated DSP Hybrid Channel section that includes 3 types of reverb and 16 effects, as well as auto-ducker and auto-leveler functions that allow for hands-off monitoring of sources. The digital portion of the MGP24X also allows for iPhone and iPod touch control of a variety of parameters via the free MGP Editor app. You can also playback music from your iTunes catalog via the iOS input USB port, freeing up an analog input on the console. A second USB port allows you to record your live performance directly to external USB media, as either a stereo WAV or MP3 file.
- D-PRE - The preamp is where sound creation begins, and ultimately determines the character and quality of your overall mix. The importance of this critical first step inspired us to develop the most fat and warm sounding preamps possibleâ?"our newly refined D-PRE mic preamps. Initially intended for use with Yamaha's high-end recording gear, these studio-grade, discrete Class-A mic preamps employ an inverted Darlington circuit design that features multiple circuitry elements in a multi-layered configuration in order to deliver more power with lower impedance. This means all the character, depth and feel of your original signal will be delivered with fat, natural sounding bass and smooth, soaring highs. Rediscover a favourite mic or trusted instrument by capturing the full range of your musical expression with sound that you don't hear, so much as feel. With 48V phantom power for each channel and a sound that is incomparable in a compact mixer today, these studio-grade discrete Class-A mic preamps set the MGP apart, clearly defining a class all its own.
- X-pressive EQ - Everyone knows vintage EQ sounds greatâ?"but not everyone knows why. Throughout the development of the innovative VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) effects used in our high-end professional digital mixers, we became increasingly focused on reproducing the warmth and musicality of classic vintage EQs. It was through our precise modeling of the original circuitry of some of the most sought-after EQ modules from the past that we discovered a characteristic â??X-shapeâ? of the frequency curves that was unique to these unitsâ?" and would ultimately prove essential to unlocking real vintage authenticity. More than just a means of tweaking your mix, the precise response and very steep shelving of the high and low frequencies make the X-pressive EQ a powerful sound-shaping tool that essentially redefines the role that EQ plays in sound reinforcement. Never before has an audio engineer's contribution to the overall sound been so significant, with X-pressive EQ providing complete control of every aspect of your sonic palette.
- 1-Knob Compressors - Originally a Yamaha innovation, 1-knob compression is now a popular feature on an increasing number of compact mixing consoles with good reason. These intelligent compressors add optimally set compression to a wide variety of input sources with the touch of a single controlâ?"minus the hassle of setting up and configuring complex outboard gear. The MGP features our newly upgraded 1-knob compressors that feature LED indicators allowing you to visually monitor when the compression â??kicks inâ? on each channel.
- Integrated Rack Ears (MGP16X/12X) - With integrated rack ears, the MGP easily meets the demands of both installed and portable applications providing safe, stable protection for your console. Extremely durable, their sleek, attractive design instantly gives you the option of a rack-mounted or desk-top configuration, with hassle-free setup saving you time and effort.
- Internal Universal Power Supply - You can plug in with confidence in any region with 100V-240V power thanks to Yamaha's highly-efficient internal universal power supply. With its multi-voltage design, the MGP ensures worry-free operation in potentially damaging environments with fluctuating power levels. An Internal power supply also simplifies rack mounting of the console at installed applications, with no use for a bulky adapter or additional connections.
- Hybrid Channel - 40 years of experience working with professional mixers has led Yamaha to offer a new way of approaching sound reinforcement in the digital age: the Stereo Hybrid Channel. Beneath the analog-style knobs and encoders of MGP Series mixing consoles lies a sophisticated digital control systemâ?"a fusion that combines traditional analog feel with the functionality that only digital technology can offer. The MGP Series utilizes a powerful, proprietary DSP to provide three essential features that are staples of both installed and live sound applications. In keeping with the theme of analog simplicity found throughout the MGP Series design, each of these functions is readily accessible and available at the touch of a button. Featuring a mid-sweep, three-band EQ for nuanced sound control and high-performance onboard A/D and D/A converters, the Stereo Hybrid Channel offers unique functionality with superior sound.
- Priority Ducker - An invaluable feature for applications that require both public-speaking and background music, Priority Ducker allows a microphone to take priority over another sound source automatically, just by speaking into the mic. Stop talking and the other sound source is brought back to its original level, therefore no console operator is required for this simple yet valuable function. You can even adjust the ducker attenuation of sound source depending on your preferences.
- Leveler - This intelligent compressor â??auto levelsâ? different tracks from a sound source that vary in volume, providing a more pleasurable listening experience. Ideal for small events with un-manned operation of your console, Yamaha's proprietary DSP algorithm allows for extended play time without the worry of fluctuating volume levels distracting your listeners.
- The Stereo Image - The Stereo Image function seamlessly narrows the pan balance of the stereo sound source so that audiences spread over a wide area can enjoy a comfortably blended mix. This is particularly helpful for installed sound applications that requires background music. Using either of the two optimized settingsâ?"MONO and BLENDâ?" Stereo Image ensures that everyone is in the "sweet spot" by providing a more optimally mixed sound to the entire space.
- Dual SPX Digital Effects - MGP Series mixing consoles offer two separate studio-grade effects processors for ultimate enhancement of your sound, with simple intuitive control. Yamaha's high-end REV-X reverb offers three very musical and natural high-resolution reverb effects: Hall, Room and Plateâ?"a first for any Yamaha analog mixer. For more sound-shaping possibilities, Yamaha's renowned SPX digital multi-effect processor provides a useful selection of 16 advanced digital effects with editable parameters. Both processors can be used simultaneously, giving you a vast array of tools to colour your sound.
- Digital Connectivity for Your iPod/iPhone - In response to the growing demand for compatibility with iPod/iPhone, iPod/iPhone integration with the MGP offers much more than simple playback. With a single connection your Apple device is transformed into a flexible controller, giving you more detailed control of your MGP console.
- MGP Editor - MGP Editor is a free software application that gives you additional control of your console's DSP settings via your iPod/iPhone. With a simple and intuitive graphic display, MGP Editor gives you additional, detailed control of your REV-X and SPX effects parameters-as well as Hybrid Channel's Priority Ducker, Leveler and iPod/iPhone's playback settings. With MGP32X and 24X, setting of GEQ and Master comp can be adjusted. Direct playback of iTunes play list is also possible.
- High-Quality Digital Playback - The MGP Series mixers feature a built-in USB port to connect and charge your iPod or iPhone for seamless playback with a single connection. A direct digital connection offers a much higher level of quality with more detail and clarity than typical analog inputs can provide.
Yamaha MGP24X 24-Channel Mixer Features
- Studio-grade D-PRE discrete class-A "D-Pre" mic preamps with an Inverted Darlington Circuit
- Musical X-pressive EQ based on Yamaha's famed VCM technology
- Professional 1-knob compressors with LED indicators
- High-grade dual digital effects processors: Advanced REV-X and classic SPX
- Stereo hybrid channels utilizing a powerful, proprietary DSP
- Digital connectivity for iPod/iPhone
- MGP editor for detailed control of the console's DSP settings via iPod/iPhone
- Rugged, impact-resistant, powder-coated metal chassis
- Internal universal power supply for world-wide use
- 16 D-Pre Mic Preamps with Phantom Power
- 24 Line Inputs, 6 AUX, & 2 FX Sends
- iPhone/iPod Control & Connectivity
- Record to USB Storage as WAV or MP3
- X-pressive 3-Band EQ Per Channel
- Auto-Ducker, Auto-Leveler
- 3 Types of Reverb, 16 Digital Effects
Yamaha MGP24X 24-Channel Mixer Specifications
- Mixing Capability
- Mixing channels: 24 Line Inputs (16 mono and 4 stereo)
- GROUP: 4 GROUP Buses + ST Bus
- AUX: 6 AUX Sends + 2 FX Sends
- MATRIX: 1 Matrix out
- On-Board Processors:
- FX1:REV-X(8 PROGRAM, PARAMETER control)
- FX2:SPX(16 PROGRAM, PARAMETER control)
- Mic inputs: MIC: 16 (INPUTS HPF: 100Hz 12dB/oct)
- Phantom power: 48V phantom power per channel
- Line inputs: LINE: 16 mono + 4 stereo, CH INSERT: 16 RETURN: 1 stereo
- Digital I/O: USB Device, iPod / iPhone
- General specifications
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.02% (20Hz-20kHz@ +14dBu)
- Frequency response: +0.5/-1.0dB 20Hz - 20kHz, refer to the nominal output level @1kHz
- Hum & noise level:
- Equivalent input noise: -128 dBu Equivalent Input Noise
- Residual output noise: -94 dBu Residual Output Noise
- Crosstalk: -74dB @ 1kHz
- Power requirements: 100-240V 50Hz/60Hz
- Power consumption: 86W max
- 819mm W
- 169mm H
- 565mm D
- Weight: 15.5kg (34.2lb)
Yamaha MGP24X 24-Channel Mixer Downloads
- Yamaha MGP24X User Guide / Owners Manual (PDF)
- Yamaha MGP24X Data Sheet (PDF)
- Yamaha MGP24X Dimensions (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review