Yamaha MG20 Mixer
The Yamaha MG20 Mixer is a 20-channel mixing console with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface, suitable for a diverse range of users and applications. For installed, recording, or live music settings, the solid construction and flexible design of MG20 lets you shape your sound with confidence, continually delivering peak performance and a level of sound quality and reliability unrivaled in its class.
The Yamaha MG20 Mixer offers the design excellence, and incorporates some of the same technologies developed for use in high-end professional consoles, including studio-quality preamps, powerful digital processing, and a rugged, reliable construction.
Head of the Class
Yamaha has always strived to provide sound engineers with the purest possible signal instead of added processing or color to give it a "signature" sound, and the Yamaha MG20 is no exception. Embracing this philosophy of transparent sound, these mixing consoles deliver a level of sonic purity and sound quality that is unmatched in their class.
D-PRE (Discrete Class-A Mic Preamps)
This is where it all starts. Everything you do as a sound engineer is dependent on the quality of your preamps, which determines the direction your mix will take, and ultimately how good it is going to sound. Yamaha MG20 features Yamaha's studio-grade discrete class-A D-PRE preamps, which utilize an inverted Darlington circuit comprising two cascading transistors in a configuration that provides more power with lower impedance. Delivering fat, natural sounding bass and smooth, soaring highs, with very low distortion, D-PRE preamps possess an impressively wide frequency range that allow them to handle signal from any audio source without overly amplifying any specific elements of the sound. Having such a pure sonic platform to build on will ultimately save you time and effort by eliminating the need for excessive EQing or additional effects processing in order to "fix" your mix.
The High Quality Sound Op-Amp
The head amp determines sound quality, and op-amp integrated circuits are one of the most important parts in the head amp circuit. Yamaha MG20 features new, high-quality, custom made MG01 op-amps that Yamaha developed in cooperation with the semiconductor manufacturer. Although many other Op-amps prioritize electrical design and efficiency, Yamaha worked directly with the semiconductor manufacturer to focus on sound quality first. MG01 op-amps feature redesigned circuitry in which even the internal components and wiring have been optimized, and use materials such as high-quality silicon wafers and copper wire to achieve superb resolution.
Switchable Phantom Power & PAD Switch
With phantom power, Yamaha MG20 allows you to take full advantage of the greater frequency response and high sound quality of condenser microphones. The input channel with PAD switch accepts MIC to line level of inputs, PAD Switch attenuates high input signals that often accompany mic'ed instruments during performance, avoiding the clipping that can seriously affect your mix.
Your Mixer - Your Sound
When was the last time you heard guitar without EQ or a completely unprocessed vocal on one of your favorite songs? Probably never. Yamaha mixers are famous for their flat response and sonic purity, but it often takes more than a perfectly-captured instrumental performance or vocal to achieve a professional-sounding mix. Equipped with some of the same state-of-the-art functionality featured on Yamaha’s high-end consoles, the Yamaha MG12 gives you the tools you need to produce high quality sound that is uniquely your own.
The main stereo outputs feature XLR type connectors that lock to prevent accidental disconnection. Rugged and dependable, these professional connectors ensure providing stable signal transmission even in the most demanding environments.
Create, Record… Listen
The Yamaha MG20 features the same digital connectivity that is used to streamline the recording process on Yamaha’s professional-level mixing consoles. Take advantage of state-of-the-art digital technology that makes it easier than ever to plug-in, play, record, and then listen to your creations.
24-bit /192kHz 2-In/2-Out USB Audio Interface Function
Yamaha MG20 mixing console features flexible digital connectivity for quick and easy high resolution playback of digital content. Simply connect to your PC via USB, or to your iPhone / iPad (2 or later) using Apple's Camera Connection Kit / Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. The USB protocol uses asynchronous data transfer. Audio data is transferred based on highly precise audio clock signal from the MG, for high quality recording and playback.
Yamaha MG20 Mixer Features
- 20-Channel Mixing Console
- Max. 16 Mic / 20 Line Inputs (12 mono + 4 stereo)
- 4 GROUP Buses + 1 Stereo Bus
- 4 AUX (incl. FX)
- “D-PRE” mic preamps with an inverted Darlington circuit
- 1-Knob compressors
- PAD switch on mono inputs
- +48V phantom power
- XLR balanced outputs
- Internal universal power supply for world-wide use
- Rack Mount Kit
- Metal chassis
Yamaha MG20 Mixer Specifications
- Mixing Capability:
- On-Board Processors: SPX Algorithm: 24 Programs, PARAMETER Control:1, FOOT SW:1 (FX RTN CH On/Off)
- Phantom Power: +48 V
- Digital I/O: USB Audio Class 2.0 Compliant Sampling Frequency: Max 192 kHz, Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Input Channels:
- Mono [MIC/LINE]: 12
- Mono/Stereo [MIC/LINE]: 4
- Output Channels:
- STEREO OUT: 2
- MONITOR OUT: 1
- PHONES: 1
- AUX SEND: 4
- GROUP OUT: 4
- Bus: Stereo: 1, GROUP: 4, AUX: 4 (incl. FX)
- Input Channel Function:
- PAD: 26 dB (Mono)
- HPF: 80 Hz, 12 dB/oct (Mono/Stereo: MIC only)
- COMP: 1-Knob Compressor (Gain/Threshold/Ratio) Threshold: +22 dBu to -8 dBu, Ratio: 1:1 to 4:1, Output level: 0 dB to 7 dB Attack Time: approx. 25 msec, Release Time: approx. 300 msec
- EQ HIGH: Gain: +15 dB/-15 dB, Frequency: 10 kHz Shelving
- EQ MID: Gain: +15 dB/-15 dB, Frequency: Mono 250 Hz – 5 kHz Peaking, Stereo 2.5 kHz Peaking
- EQ LOW: Gain: +15 dB/-15 dB, Frequency: 100 Hz Shelving
- PEAK LED: LED turns on when post EQ Signal reaches 3 dB below Clipping
- Level Meter: 2x12 -Segment LED Meter [PEAK, +10, +6, +3, 0, -3, -6, -10, -15, -20, -25, -30 dB]
- Mixing Capability:
- General Specifications:
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.03 % @ +14dBu (20 Hz to 20kHz), GAIN knob: Min, 0.005 % @ +24dBu (1kHz), GAIN knob: Min
- Frequency Response: +0.5 dB/-1.5 dB (20 Hz to 48 kHz) , refer to the Nominal Output level @ 1 kHz, GAIN knob: Min
- Hum & Noise Level:
- Equivalent Input Noise: -128 dBu (Mono Input Channel, Rs: 150O, GAIN knob: Max)
- Residual Output Noise: -102 dBu (STEREO OUT, STEREO Master Fader: Min)
- Crosstalk: -78 dB
- Power Requirements: AC 100 – 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 36 W
- W: 444 mm (17.5")
- H: 130 mm (5.1")
- D: 500mm (19.7")
- Net Weight: 7.1kg (15.7 lbs.)
- Operating Temperature: 0 to +40°C
Yamaha MG20 Mixer Includes
- 1 x Yamaha MG20 Mixer
- 1 x AC Power Cord
- 1 x Rack-Mount Kit
- 1 x Technical Specifications Sheet
- 1 x Owner’s Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review