Weiss DNA1 Denoiser
The Weiss DNA1 Denoiser represents a milestone in the Gambit Series equipment developments. Together with PureNotes and Digital Domain, Weiss has developed a State of the Art audio restoration and enhancement processor that includes the decrackler, declicker and K-Stereo Ambience Processing algorithms all packed into one unit.
The Weiss DNA1 Denoiser contains the three state-of-the-art algorithems all packed together to function concurrently. The Weiss DNA1 Denoiser has been developed in cooperation with the Pure Notes Company (UK), the decrackler and declicker algorithms have been designed in Weiss' R&D lab and finally the K-Stereo Ambience Processor they licensed from Mr. Bob Katz (USA). Best is that all functions can be used concurrently.
Weiss DNA1 Denoiser Features
- Denoiser to reduce all types of wideband and non-stationary noises like tape hiss or aircondition hum using a novel adaptive approach to noise reduction (no spectral noise footprint required).
- Decrackler / Declicker with three independent subsystems to detect and remove a broad range of impulsive noises, for example scratches and clicks from vinyl recordings.
- K-Stereo Processor to recover lost or amplify hidden ambience, space, and imaging; or to generate stereo from mono signals without adding artificial reverberation.
- Output Control to regulate stereo balance and stereo width, as well as the overall signal level.
- POW-R, the acclaimed technique for transparent and smooth word-length reduction to 24bit, 20bit or 16bit.
- All those standard features like 128 snapshots, POW-R dithering, MIDI Control, 24/96 operation, extensive metering etc.
Weiss DNA1 Denoiser Specifications
- DSP Performance: 900 MFLOPS, 32/40 bit floating-point
- DSP Memory: 340 kB Cache, 16 MB SDRAM
- Host Processor: 25 MHz, 16 bit
- FLASH Memory: 256 kB
- AES/EBU Input:
- Sampling Frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48.0 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96.0 kHz
- Maximum Input Word Length: 24 bits
- Channel Status Data: Input Accepts Professional or Consumer Format.
- Channel Status Bits Forwarded to AES/EBU Output: See table in provided manual
- Connector: XLR female
- AES/EBU Output:
- Sampling Frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48.0 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96.0 kHz (always the same as the input)
- Output Word Length: 24 bits
- Connector: XLR male
- AES/EBU Channel Status Incoming Data Convertion:
- From Consumer to Professional
- From Professional to Consumer
- Transparent Mode
- Mains Voltage: 110/220 Volts with voltage selector
- Fuse Rating: 500 mA slow blow
- Power Consumption: 40 VA max
- Overload: Number of consecutive over-samples to cause over display: 1...16 settable
Weiss DNA1 Denoiser Configuration Options
- The Weiss DNA1 is available in four variants:-
- DNA1: Full blown unit with all features
- DNA1-K: K-Stereo / M/S Control only
- DNA1-N: Denoiser / K-Stereo / M/S Control only
- DNA1-C: Declicker / K-Stereo / M/S Control only
Weiss DNA1 Denoiser Includes
- Weiss DNA1 Unit
- Printed User Manual
Weiss DNA1 Denoiser Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review