The Warm Audio WA-MPX Tube Preamp is an authentic reproduction of the most revered microphone tube preamp that pioneered the birth of rock ‘n’ roll & radio-ready hits.
The WA-MPX is an authentic reproduction of the most revered microphone tube preamp that pioneered the birth of rock ‘n’ roll & radio-ready hits. During the golden-era of tape recording, this style of vintage tube preamp became the signature sound in the signal chain of hit recordings including Elvis Presley, Les Paul, and Bing Crosby - and is a sound that is still pursued by today’s biggest artists. With premium components, true-to-original circuit design, and tape saturation control, the WA-MPX authentically reproduces all the analog tone of the original to bring vintage warmth & color to your sound.
Authentic Reproduction Of The Most Revered Tape-Era Tube Mic Preamp
The WA-MPX is based on the 351-style tube preamplifier found in American tape machines that pioneered the birth of rock ‘n’ roll & radio-ready hits.
Power & Versatility For A Wider Range Of Analog Tone
Delivering an impressive 300v of raw power & 90dB of tube gain, WA-MPX achieves clean gain & powerful volume, that pushes the tubes to saturate just like the most timeless analog gear.
Premium Components & Handwired Construction For An Authentic Vintage Experience
Hand-assembled with three premium tubes per channel paired with custom-wound true-to-spec USA CineMag transformers, the WA-MPX authentically reproduces all the analog tone of the original.
Selectable, All-Analog Tape Saturation
WA-MPX uses discrete analog components that provide compression, saturation, and non-linear frequency response for authentic tape-era reel-to-reel sound at 15IPS.
Hi-Pass (80Hz) & Low-Pass (2kHz) Filters to Refine Tone
The 2kHz low-pass filter allows you to further shape and focus your tone, dialing in ultimate midrange warmth & punch. The 80Hz hi-pass filter helps remove unwanted bass noise from unruly sources.
Hand-Inspected & Tested at Warm Audio HQ in Austin, Texas
Carefully inspected at Warm Audio Headquarters in Austin, Texas by trained engineers & musicians with a passion for helping you sound your best.
Warm Audio WA-MPX Tube Preamp Features
- Authentic Reproduction Of The Most Revered Tape-Era Tube Preamp
- Fully Discrete, Hand-Built Construction With 3 Tubes Per Channel For Ultimate Analog Tone
- Selectable Tape Saturation Adds Harmonic Distortion & Natural Compression
- 90dB Of Analog Tube Gain Per Channel
- Custom-Wound, Large-Core CineMag USA Transformers
- Premium (2X) 12AX7 & (1X) 12AU7 Vacuum Tubes
- 600Ω Output Attenuator
- Engage High Gain Control For An Added 20db (From 70db To 90db) Of Clean Gain For Low-Output Mics And Low-Volume Sources
- 48v Phantom Power & Polarity Switch
- Classic Warm Audio Tone Control That Alters The Input Transformer Impedance Adding Extra Analog Color
- 80Hz High-Pass Filter To Control Unruly Bass Frequencies
- 2kHz Low-Pass Filter To Focus Preamp Power & Warmth On Mids For Added Punch
- VU Meter Level Indication
- Aluminum Faceplate, Steel Chassis, & Vintage Bakelite-Style Knobs
Warm Audio WA-MPX Tube Preamp Specifications
- Mic Input: 600Ω Transformer (6000Ω Rated)
- Inputs: XLR Mic, TS Instrument & TRS Line.
- Outputs: XLR / TRS Line Level
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Power: Internal IEC 115v/230v Power Inlet
Warm Audio WA-MPX Tube Preamp Includes
- Warm Audio WA-MPX Tube Preamp
- Power Cable
- Manufacturer Warranty
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review