Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Heritage Edition Audio Interface
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Heritage Edition Audio Interface features realtime UAD-2 DUO Processing and Two Unison Mic Preamps - for Mac and Windows.
The Heritage Edition of Universal Audio Apollo interfaces, feature additional plug-ins to the already rich set of DSP tools. The Apollo Twin X Heritage Edition gives you 5 premium plug-in titles worth over $1,300 — including the full suite of UA's Teletronix and 1176 compressors, all Pultec EQs, UA 610 Unison mic preamps, and Pure Plate Reverb.
Apollo Twin X delivers elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, two Unison-enabled preamps, and DUO or QUAD Core realtime UAD plug-in processing —all in a sleek desktop Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows. Built upon Universal Audio's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo Twin X confidently outperforms everything in its class, with 127 dB D/A dynamic range and an included bundle of acclaimed UAD analog emulation plug-ins, giving you a fully-stocked analog studio, right on your desktop.
Two Unison Preamps: Get the Sound of Neve, Helios, API, Manley & More
Apollo Twin X features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, Helios, API, Manley, UA and many more. Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres —including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.Based on Unison's proprietary hardware-software integration, Apollo Twin X lets you record at near-zero latency through emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin X's front-panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo Twin interfaces are used to create exceptional-sounding records every day. To improve upon the previous generation, UA engineers redesigned the Apollo Twin X's audio conversion to deliver a striking 127dB dynamic range and -117 dB THD+N, giving it a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters costing much more.
Realtime UAD Processing —a Studio Full of Analog Sounds
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo Twin X reveals a stunning range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with a choice of either UAD-2 DUO or QUAD Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin X lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins —at near-zero latency —including authentic titles from Neve, Studer, Helios, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, Capitol Studios, and more.*Right out of the box, the Apollo Twin X includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” suite of UAD plug-ins —the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, Pultec EQs, and more —so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard.
Additional Connections & Built-in Talkback Mic
With its twoUnison-equipped preamps, two line outs, and optical ADAT/SPDIF input —plus dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback mic —the 10 x 6 Apollo Twin X gives you the I/O you need for professional tracks and mixes.
Professional Performance and Scalability
Users of Apollo Twin X can combine up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices —adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo X rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin X as a desktop monitor control with additional I/O and DSP power.
NEW: UAD Spark Plugins!
UAD Heritage Software Bundles now also come with new UAD Spark versions of some of their plugins including: UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection, Teletronicx LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection and PurePlate Reverb! These UAD Spark versions run natively on Mac with no UA hardware required! Customers will be notified via email with instructions on how to download their UAD Spark (UADx) plugins via the UA Connect app.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Audio Interface Features
- Desktop 10 x 6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 2 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 DUO or QUAD Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone out
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channelsof additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF input
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more*
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support —on the phone and online —from knowledgeable audio engineers
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review