Townsend Labs Sphere L22 Microphone Modeling System
The Townsend Labs Sphere L22 Microphone Modeling System models the characteristics of the most sought-after large-diaphragm condenser microphones with amazing accuracy and allows selection of different mics and patterns even after tracking.
The Sphere L22 system consists of a dedicated, dual-channel microphone and its software counterpart, the included Sphere plug-in (UAD, AAX DSP, AAX Native, VST, AU). The exacting models incorporate transient response, harmonics, proximity effect, and multi-dimensional polar response. Thanks to Townsend Labs' exhaustive and curated study of classic microphones, the Sphere system currently brings the soul of 34 of the world's most revered microphones to life. The striking accuracy and sonic results have convinced owners from home recordists to seasoned industry veterans, such as Joe Chiccarelli, Billy Bush, and Allen Sides.
Breakthrough Microphone Modeling Technology
Sphere’s multi-dimensional approach captures the spatial nuances, proximity effect, and off-axis frequency response of a wide range of microphones, which until now was not possible with any other product.
Access some of the most prized microphones of all time, including a 47 (with VF14 tube), a 67, an M49, a C12, and the 800. 34 Included Microphone Models!
Sphere L22 Microphone
The Sphere system employs the high-resolution, dual-channel L22 large-diaphragm condenser microphone, custom-designed to capture the three-dimensional soundfield with exacting detail. Manufactured to extremely tight tolerances, the L22 ensures that modeling is consistent and accurate.
Realtime UAD and AAX DSP Processing
With Universal Audio Apollo interfaces, achieve extremely low latency (approx. 1.6ms round trip at 96kHz) for guaranteed real-time performance. The AAX DSP format allows for guaranteed low-latency performance on Avid HDX systems. UAD and AAX DSP plug-in formats are included at no additional cost. Sphere also supports native AAX, VST and AU plug-in formats.
Polar Pattern Modeling
Because Sphere captures the multi-dimensional response of target microphones, it precisely emulates the polar patterns and other off-axis characteristics of prized microphones which are essential to their unique sound.
Record In Stereo (With One Mic)
With just one Sphere L22 mic, it’s possible to make coincident stereo recordings, and even have different mic models on the left and right channels, using the Sphere 180 plug-in.
High SPL Handling
The L22 can handle in excess of 140dB SPL before clipping and is remarkably rugged. It won’t be damaged by high SPLs or air blasts as some vintage microphones can be.self-noise level of 7dB-A SPL, well below most vintage microphones and comparable to many of the best modern microphones.
Townsend Labs Sphere L22 Microphone Modeling System Features
- Record with a world-class microphone collection of 34 stunning-sounding mics
- Change mic type, polar pattern, and other microphone characteristics, even after tracking!
- Audition the sound of different microphones without tiring the artist
- Reduce coloration and room ambience in challenging spaces in combination with popular isolation filters, such as the sE Reflexion Filters, Aston Halo, Kaotica Eyeball, and more.
- Record in stereo from a single microphone
Townsend Labs Sphere L22 Microphone Modeling System Specifications
- Microphone Type: Condenser
- Mono/Stereo: Dual capsule, Stereo output
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8
- Max SPL: 140 dB SPL (0.5% THD) with pad engaged
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: 22mV/Pa
- Self Noise: 7 dB (A weighted)
- Pads: -10dB, -20dB
- Connector: 5-pin XLR (dual XLR splitter cable included)
- Power Source: 48V phantom power
- OS Requirements - Mac: OS X 10.9 or later
- OS Requirements - PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Dimensions: 8.9" x 2.5"
- Weight: 1.7 lbs.
Townsend Labs Sphere L22 Microphone Modeling System Includes
- Townsend Labs Sphere L22 Microphone
- 10 Foot (3 Meter) Breakout Cable
- Shock Mount
- Hard Mount
- Hard Carrying Case
- Plush Dust Cover
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review