The Telefunken Elektroakustik M80 Dynamic Microphone is designed to deliver condenser-like performance in a rugged dynamic design. Featuring a wider frequency response and higher SPL capabilities, the M80 Dynamic Microphone is equally suitable for on both the stage and in the studio.
The Telefunken Elektroakustik M80 Dynamic Microphone (Black) has been created to give the user a superior alternative to the midrange-laden character of the "industry standard microphone".
Due to its low mass capsule and super thin (yet surprisingly rugged) capsule membrane, the Telefunken Elektroakustik M80 presents a wider range of emotion from a live vocal with an intimacy that has been traditionally reserved for studio quality condenser microphones. The head and capsule assembly has been designed to reduce proximity effect to which nets added low end clarity for vocals, while still providing "strength" and "authority" and an "open," "airy" character without adding danger of upper midrange feedback or "honk."
The Telefunken Elektroakustik M80 features an American made custom wound impedance matching transformer which is where the magic really takes place. When coupled with our proprietary capsule assembly, the results have won hearts and minds in far less time since it's introduction than we ever imagined possible.
Featuring a rugged black powder coat body and head-turning chrome plated headgrille, the Telefunken Elektroakustik M80 is built for the high demands of a touring vocal mic.
Telefunken Elektroakustik M80 Dynamic Microphone Features
- Delivers condenser-like performance in a rugged dynamic design and black finish
- Low mass capsule and super thin (yet surprisingly rugged) capsule membrane
- Head and capsule assembly are designed to reduce proximity effect
- An American made custom wound impedance matching transformer
- Rugged black powder coat body and head-turning chrome plated headgrille
- Built for the high demands of a touring vocal mic
Telefunken Elektroakustik M80 Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Type: Dynamic Moving Coil
- Capsule: 25 mm
- Transformer: Custom Wound TELEFUNKEN T80
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Range: 50 Hz - 18 kHz
- Sensitivity: 1.54 mV/Pa
- Output Impedance: 325 O
- Maximum SPL (for 1% THD): 135 dB
- Finish: Black
- Dimensions: 184 mm L x 48 mm Dia
- Weight: 430 g
Telefunken Elektroakustik M80 Dynamic Microphone Includes
- 1 x Telefunken Elektroakustik M80 Dynamic Microphone (Black)
- 1 x M 780 - Mic Clip
- 1 x Zipper Bag
- 1 Year Warranty
Telefunken Elektroakustik M80 Dynamic Microphone Downloads
What We Think
The Telefunken Elektroakustik M80 is a great mic. It provides a nice boost in the upper mids, for plenty of cut, but does not sacrifice the smooth mids, and full low end. Overall it is a rich sounding mic that is quite versatile. It is clearly a solid mic for vocal (in the studio or on the stage), but it also excels at guitar cab and drums. Put this on floor toms, snare, overheads, and you will be pleasantly surprised and how greatly it performs. A very nice offering from Telefunken, and well worth looking into.
- Ryan Ferris
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review