The Summit Audio TLA-100A Tube Leveling Amplifier is a hybrid of technologies containing both vacuum tube and solid state components. This combination of old and new technologies produces an incredibly warm and smooth sounding compression device without the inherit disadvantages of the older designs.
The Summit Audio TLA-100A Tube Leveling Amplifier has been made for over 20 years and produces a sound that remains a much sought after quality that is used on literally thousands of records and in live sound venues across the world. The harmonious blend of old and new technologies produces the incredibly warm and smooth sound of vacuum tubes in a compression device that does not have the inherent disadvantages of older designs.
Compressing in a musically satisfying way is easy with the Summit Audio TLA-100A; the incredibly forgiving circuit design makes it almost impossible to make it 'pump and breath'. When fast transient signals are being sent to the Summit Audio TLA-100A, the unit reacts quickly both in attack and release, when the signal is more legato, the attack and release times automatically react more slowly resulting in a set-and-forget compressor that always sounds right with a minimum of knob fiddling. Try it on vocals and bass, also great for kick drum and guitars. The Smmit Audio TLA-100A really shines for tracking and mixing individual instruments and is linkable with another Summit Audio TLA-100A for stereo signals.
Summit Audio TLA-100A Tube Leveling Amplifier Features
- Ease of operation
- "Soft Knee" characteristics
- Switch selectable attack and release settings
- Side chain access
- Stereo coupling capability
- Balanced input
- 990 Balanced output stage
- hand crafted in the USA
Summit Audio TLA-100A Tube Leveling Amplifier Specifications
- Type: Electronically balanced or unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 20k O
- Maximum Input Level: +26dBm
- Type: Balanced or unbalanced using 990 operational amps
- Output Impedance: 75 O
- Recommended Output Load: 600 O
- Maximum Output: +25dBm (+4dBm corresponds to 0 VU)
- 1 x 12AX7A Vacuum Tube
- 2 x high reliability 990 operational amplifiers
- 13 x integrated circuits
- 3 x transistors
- 1 x compression cell
- Panel Size: Standard 19 by 3.5 (two units of rack space)
- Depth Behind Panel: 10.5 in addition to users I/O cabling
- Power: 35 Watts, 115-230 Volt, 50 or 60 Hz
- Fuse: .5 Amp for 115 volt & .25 Amp for 230 Volt
- Shipping Weight: 16 Lbs.
Summit Audio TLA-100A Tube Leveling Amplifier Includes
- Summit Audio TLA-100A Unit
- User Manual
- Power Cord
- 3 Year Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is my go to limiter for tracking vocals. I tried the la-2a and like this better. Its very easy to dial in so you will be up and running very quickly. If you give it to much gain it will bring up the noise floor, but your pre should have plenty of gain so I don't use to much gain. I haven't used it on anything but vocals so I can't comment on anything else, but I've heard engineers praise this limiter on guitars as well.