Summit Audio FeQ-50 EQ
The Summit Audio FeQ-50 EQ is a four-band parametric equalizer with passive circuitry that excels at rich harmonic content and phase coherency, resulting in a musically satisfying sonic experience. Each of the four bands has six switch selectable frequencies and 14dB of fully sweepable cut or boost. A rich and accessible passive equalizer, simple yet versatile, and sure to complement your sound with a dash of flavor unlike any other.
The Summit Audio FeQ-50 EQ's low and high bands can switch between peaking and shelving filters, the low mid and high mid can switch between narrow and wide bandwidths. Also included is a switchable highpass filter fixed at 30Hz with a gentle 6dB/octave rolloff to reduce rumble. I/O includes a total of four simultaneous outputs, -10dB and +4dB vacuum tube out and -10dB and +4dB solid state out. Like all of our other ½ rack sized products, the Summit Audio FeQ-50 has an internal power supply.
The focus of the Summit Audio FeQ-50 from the very beginning has been the sound. Passive circuitry excels at rich harmonic content and phase coherency, resulting in a musically satisfying sonic experience. It was a challenge to fit fully passive circuitry into a box this size and at this price but the Summit Audio wanted to make the world of passive EQ available for anyone with an ear for quality. Although production costs can be high due to the high quality inductors needed to meet the strict tolerances necessary and the high value capacitors in the audio path, by creative and thoughtful engineering the Summit Audio were able to both fit the components in a ½ rack size and keep the price down.
Unique Passive Design
The Summit Audio FeQ-50 draws from years of research and experience to be able to fit a true tube passive design into a chassis of this size. Coveted by top professionals for decades, passive EQs have better phase coherence, and the inductors offer a rich, smooth harmonic quality.
This and That
The Summit Audio FeQ-50 provides both tube and solid-state outputs, each with their own 1/4 (-10) and XLR (+4) jacks. With four simultaneous outs available, you can do all sorts of multi-tracking tricks with a single signal.
Parametric 4 Band EQ
The Summit Audio FeQ-50 is a four-band passive equalizer covering the entire audible frequency spectrum, so it can be used on any audio source material. You can subtly sculpt and fine-tune an instrument or vocal to make it fit perfectly into a mix, or you can totally transform a sound into something entirely different and new.
Really Well Built
The Summit Audio design philosophy considers the entire package when it comes to crafting gear. The Summit Audio pays special attention to the details of construction and have included many refinements over the years so units are durable enough to handle the rigors of the road. That is one of the reasons why you will find Summit gear on tour with many of todays top touring acts around the world.
Hand-crafted in the USA
Each piece of Summit gear is meticulously crafted by hand in Summit Audio's shop using only the best quality components and attention to detail. Quality components and engineering know-how are the critical element to the sound and longevity of audio gear.
Summit Audio FeQ-50 EQ Features
- Fully passive design (no amplifier in filter circuit)
- Four frequency bands
- ±14dB cut and boost
- Six switch selectable frequencies per band
- Separate, bypassable high pass filter
- Master bypass
- Four simultaneous outputs, both vacuum tube and solid state
- Internal high voltage power supply
- One 12AX7A/ECC83 vacuum tube
- Hand Crafted in the U.S.A.
Summit Audio FeQ-50 EQ Specifications
- Operating Measurements:
- Frequency Response:
- Tube:12Hz-100kHz -1dB
- Solid State: 12Hz-100kHz -1dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio:
- Tube: 122dB
- Solid State: 124dB
- THD + Noise:
- Tube: 0.16% +4dB in 20Hz-20kHz
- Solid State: 0.07% +4dB in 20Hz-20kHz
- Vacuum Tubes: single 12AX7A
- Frequency Response:
- Max Input Level:
- Max Input Level: +20 dBu
- Max Output Level (XLR): +20dBu
- Max Gain: +/-14dB per band
- Line Input: +4 dB XLR Balanced and -10 dB 1/4" unbalanced
- Solid State Outputs: +4 dB male XLR and 1/4" -10 dB balanced
- Tube Outputs: +4 dB male XLR and 1/4" -10 dB balanced
- Selectable Frequencies:
- Low Band:
- The Low EQ band can be set for either a peak or shelving response and can boost or cut up to ±14dB.
- Frequencies: 33Hz, 60Hz, 100Hz, 150Hz, 270Hz, or 410 Hz.
- Mid Band:
- Frequencies: 390hz, 470Hz, 560Hz, 680Hz, 820Hz, or 1kHz. Wide/narrow Q selectable
- High-Mid Band:
- Frequencies: 1.2 kHz, 1.5 kHz, 2.2 kHz, 3.3 kHz, 4.7 kHz and 5.6 kHz. wide/narrow Q selectable
- High-Frequency Cut:
- The High-Mid EQ band can be set for either a peak or shelving response and can boost or cut up to ±14dB.
- Frequencies: 5 kHz, 7.2 kHz, 8.2 kHz, 10 kHz,12.5 kHz, or 18kHz
- Low Band:
- Power Configuration:
- Internal AC Supply
- 15 watts, 115, 50 or 60 Hz (USA model)
- Fuse size .5 amp, slo-blo for 100/115 V
- Fuse size .25 amp, slo-blo at 230 V
- Size and Weight:
- Height: 1.75 inches (4.44 cm)
- Width: 8.5 inches (21.59 cm)
- Depth: 8.5 inches (21.59 cm)
- Weight: 5 pounds (2.77 kg)
Summit Audio FeQ-50 EQ Includes
- FeQ-50 EQ Unit
- Operation Manual
- 3 Year Warranty
Summit Audio FeQ-50 EQ Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review