The SPL Phonitor One Headphone Amplifier brings the power of the original Phonitor to a compact audiophile format, at a price point that is well in reach of all music lovers. Now you can enjoy professional grade high fidelity audio anytime, anywhere.
The SPL Phonitor One Headphone Amplifier two Burr-Brown OPA 2134 SoundPlus operational amplifiers provide the pre-amplification. These are specially designed for audiophile circuits and are characterized by extremely low noise and minimal distortion of only 0.00008%. Thanks to a true FET stage, the OPA 2134 achieves a slew rate of 20V/µs, making it a high-speed operational amplifier. This has an immediate positive effect on the liveliness of the playback. In addition, low capacitance film capacitors are installed in the signal path as bypass capacitors of the coupling capacitors, which ensures a more precise transmission of the high-frequency signal components. The excellent Panasonic ‘Electric Double Layer’ gold electrolytic capacitors are used as coupling capacitors. They offer the highest storage capacity of all capacitor technologies.
The output stage of the headphone amplifier is designed as a push-pull amplifier in class AB mode. The bipolar transistors share the amplification of the positive and negative half-waves, which produces a higher gain and a higher output voltage than in Class A operation, where only one transistor amplifies both half-waves. The output stage transistors are thermally coupled and thus run particularly coherently, which contributes to a consistent and stable sound image. The power supply has a buffer circuit with low source resistance, ensuring generous current reserves even when operating low-impedance headphones.
The Revolution in the headphone amplifier is the Phonitor Matrix, with adjustable crossfeed, thanks to which you can create mixes with headphones that sound the same on speakers. The Phonitor Matrix in its largest expansion stage has three setting parameters: Crossfeed, Speaker Angle and Center Level. In the Phonitor One, the center level is preset to -1 dB and the speaker angle to 30°. These are the most commonly used values. The crossfeed function determines the crosstalk of the channels, the so-called interaural level difference. The intensity of the crossfeed is fully variable. At the beginning of the control path the function is not in the audio path. It is only switched on by adding it via relay (hysteresis circuit). The audio signal therefore does not pass through the crossfeed stage if this is not desired.
SPL Phonitor One Headphone Amplifier Features
- Phonitor Matrix, with adjustable crossfeed
- Balanced and Unbalanced Line Inputs
- Burr-Brown OPA 2134 SoundPlus operational amplifiers
- 1/4" Headphone Jack
SPL Phonitor One Headphone Amplifier Specifications
- Analog inputs & outputs; 6.35 mm (1/4") TRS Jack (balanced), RCA
- Input gain (max.): +22.5 dBu
- Input impedance Line In 2 (balanced): 20 kΩ
- Common mode rejection: < 60 dB
- Input impedance Line In 1 (unbalanced): 47 kΩ
- Headphones Output; 6.35 mm (1/4") TRS Jack
- Wiring: Tip = Left, Ring = Right, Sleeve = GND
- Source impedance: 20 Ω
- Frequency range: (-3 dB)10 Hz - 200 kHz
- Noise (A-weighted, 600 Ω): -97 dBu
- THD + N (0 dBu, 10 Hz – 22 kHz, 600 Ω): 0,002 %
- THD + N (0 dBu, 10 Hz – 22 kHz, 32 Ω): 0,013 %
- Max output power (600 Ω): 2 x 190 mW
- Max output power (250 Ω): 2 x 330 mW
- Max output power (47 Ω): 2 x 400 mW
- Fade-out attenuation (600 Ω): -99 dB
- Crosstalk (1 kHz, 600 Ω): -75 dB
SPL Phonitor One Headphone Amplifier Includes
- Phonitor One Headphone Amplifier
- Power Supply
- Warranty Information
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review