Soyuz Microphones 017 Tube Microphone
The Soyuz Microphones 017 Tube Microphone delivers sound as rich, warm, and beautiful as its handcrafted, polished design suggests. Swappable capsules make this high performance microphone at home in a wide range of critical recording applications, from vocals to orchestral instruments.
The 017 features a cardioid capsule with a gold-sputtered, hand-tuned 34mm diaphragm; an omni-directional capsule is currently available, with additional patterns in development. As with all Soyuz microphones, the 017 is completely handmade: bodies and capsules are manually machined, transformers are wound in-house, and all wiring is true point-to-point.
The 017 has quickly become the go-to vocal microphone of such artists as Coldplay, Radiohead, Shawn Mendes, the Lumineers, and Paramore, among others. Well-known producers and engineers who have adopted it include Nigel Godrich (Radiohead, Paul McCartney, Beck), Ryan Hewitt (Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Lumineers, Lady Gaga), Sylvia Massy (Prince, Johnny Cash), and Butch Walker (Pink, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne) and many more.
Soyuz Microphones 017 Tube Microphone Features
- 100% handmade in Russia;
- 34mm gold sputtered diaphragm capsule;
- In-house wound transformer inside;
- 6ZH1P military grade pentode tube;
- Optional capsule: omni;
- Heavy duty shock mount;
- Comes in a velvet-lined, hand-crafted Russian hardwood box.
Soyuz Microphones 017 Tube Microphone Specifications
- Type: Tube condenser microphone
- Capsule: Two 34mm membranes (one gold sputtered)
- Frequency Range: 20Hz/20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (swappable) with optional omnidirectional and figure 8
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa
- Impedance: 270 Ohms
- SPL: 120 dB Equivalent Noise: 20 dB (a-weighted)
- Tube Type: 6G1P
- Power- Dedicated power supply: BP - 017
- Size: 8.9 in length x 2.17 in diameter
- Weight: 2.1lbs
Soyuz Microphones 017 Tube Microphone Includes
- Wooden microphone box
- Power supply
- 6-pin cable
- Shock mount
- Spare tube
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review