Sontronics STC-1 Small Diaphragm Microphone
The Sontronics STC-1 Small Diaphragm Microphone is one of the best selling Sontronics microphones ideally suited to recording instruments of any kind, from acoustic guitar to flute, trumpet, bongo or violin.
The Sontronics STC-1 Small Diaphragm Microphone is designed to give outstanding results every time on solo strings, woodwind, brass or percussion instruments as well as guitar and other strummed instruments, and is also perfect for field recording, video and film work, or overhead miking on stage as well as in the studio.
The Sontronics STC-1 Small Diaphragm Microphone gives impressive, professional studio-quality results for an affordable price, regularly outclassing mics that cost many times more. As well as direct-miking various instruments, the Sontronics STC-1 is fantastic for overhead and room miking, especially when used with Sontronics' optional OMNI capsule. And when used in a pair – either two individual Sontronics STC-1 mics or in the stereo matched STC-1S with mounting bar – it becomes even more versatile.
Available in matt black/gold or nickel silver/black, the Sontronics STC-1 has a fixed cardioid pattern but the capsule head can be removed and replaced with Sontronics interchangeable OMNI or HYPER capsules (also available in black or silver) to turn one mic into three! With the OMNI capsule fitted, the Sontronics STC-1 becomes the perfect overhead or room mic, ideal for recording ensemble, drumkit, piano or group vocals. With the HYPER capsule fitted, the Sontronics STC-1 takes on a much more focused pickup range, which is ideal for hi-hat, acoustic guitar and harmonica.
The Sontronics STC-1 Small Diaphragm Microphone is an excellent all-rounder, whatever or wherever you're recording!
Sontronics STC-1 Small Diaphragm Microphone Applications
- Acoustic guitar and guitar amps
- Solo woodwind & strings
- Sitar, bouzouki and banjo
- String, brass or wind ensemble
- Video/film & field recording
- Foley work
- In pairs for drumkit, overhead & room miking
Sontronics STC-1 Small Diaphragm Microphone Features
- Small-diaphragm condenser mic
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Three-stage filter (0, -10, -20dB) and pad (0, 75, 150Hz) switches
- Ideal for direct-miking instruments and percussion
Sontronics STC-1 Small Diaphragm Microphone Specifications
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (Optional Omni & Hyper Capsules Available)
- Frequency Response: 25Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 12mV/Pa -36dB ±2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: =200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16dB (A-Weighted)
- Max SPL: 137dB (for 0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Power Source: 48V ±4V Phantom Power Required
- Connector: Three-Pin XLR
- Dimensions: 162mm x 24mm x 24mm
- Weight: 214g
Sontronics STC-1 Small Diaphragm Microphone Includes
- Sontronics STC-1 Small Diaphragm Microphone
- Foam Windshield
- Mic Clip
- Velvet-Lined Wooden Box
- Lifetime Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review