The Softube SSL XL 9000 K-Series Plug-In is designed for the Softube Console 1 and complements the legendary rock 'n' roll sound of the SSL 4000 E.
If you're looking to complement the legendary rock 'n' roll sound of the SSL 4000 E included with Console 1, then check out the super clean sound of the equally revered XL 9000 K. Developed in close collaboration with SSL engineers, the unconstrained depth and sonic possibilites makes it an indispensible tool for R&B, Hip Hop and Electronica producers, as well as for audiophile Jazz and Classical recordings.
Released in the mid-1990s, the SSL 9000 series' represented a breakthrough in analog circuitry design. The sound path is entirely capacitor-free, in order to keep a perfect signal integrity and low distortion.
Extreme bandwidth, minimal phase shift and super low distortion make this console perfect for getting the most out of your mixes in terms of width, depth, and all-around hugeness.
To bring creative use of drive and saturation back onto the menu, we modeled SSL's Variable Harmonic Drive (VHD) and included it as part of this desk. Tube-ish, transistor-ish, or anything in between.
The 9000 is the ultimate hifi console, being almost perfectly clean. But having the option of using distortion creatively is still a benefit. So we added a model of Solid State Logic's Variable Harmonic Drive (VHD) circuit, which is part of the Duality series consoles and Alpha channel preamps. The Drive knob on Console 1 determines the amount of distortion, and the Character knob moves the added distortion from 2nd order (more tube-like) to 3rd order (more transistor-like), or any in-between blend – just like on its analog counterpart.
Expanded gate & compressor options
The compressor can be switched between Peak and RMS modes, which gives a wide range of options. Furthermore, the Shape section of the XL 9000 K for Console 1 features a fully controllable gate unit, where the Punch and Sustain knobs control Range and Hold levels. This makes it more individually controllable compared to the SL 4000 E model, where a fast workflow was prioritized.
The XL 9000 K was the last and most developed version of the 9000 series, released in 2002. It is this version that forms the backbone of Peter Gabriel's RealWorld Studios, Wyclef Jean and Jerry Wonda's Platinum Sound, while Michael Brauer uses a slightly older 9000 J in his room in Electric Lady Studios.
Softube SSL XL 9000 K-Series Plug-In Features
- Wide, large, smooth sound.
- VHD model added.
- Extended gate and compressor features.
- Clean, smooth, natural EQ.
Softube SSL XL 9000 K-Series System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review