Slate Digital VTM Virtual Tape Machines Plug-In
The Slate Digital VTM Virtual Tape Machines Plug-In is a dynamic, interactive, living, breathing replication of tape recording. It offers the authentic tone of two world class analog tape machines. Praised by pro engineers for its extreme authenticity, because every aspect of tape is carefully reproduced.
The Slate Digital VTM Virtual Tape Machines Plug-In juices your digital recordings with vitality. Digital recording is now the standard for professional music production, but many engineers and musicians still long for the days of analog recording. And they do for good reason – Analog Tape Machines have a SOUND. Big, fat, warm, deep, rich and exciting are just some of the terms used to describe what recording onto a piece of magnetic tape sounds like. To those that know, tape is simply more musical. So Slate Digital modeled two of the most famous tape machines in audio and provide them both along with options like bias, tape speed, tape type, and more in Virtual Tape Machines.
World-Class Tape Machines For Your DAW
The Slate Digital VTM has been praised by pro engineers for its extreme authenticity, because every aspect of tape is carefully reproduced. This authenticity is due to years of intense study from Slate Digital CTO Fabrice Gabriel. Using Slate Digital VTM on your tracks and mixes will make your mixes warmer, smoother, punchier, and more analog!
Choose Your Favorite Machines & Tape Stock
The Slate Digital VTM emulates both a 16-track 2-inch tape machine and a 1/2 inch stereo mastering deck. Not only that, you can also choose between the two most popular tape formulations. Different formulations have different properties and headroom, and ultimately will give you different sonic results.
Control Your Speed
The Slate Digital VTM Virtual Tape Machines accurately emulates the behavior of both of the most common tape speeds of 15 and 30 ips. Engineers who use tape sometimes choose which speed to use based upon the material they’re recording, since the bass response can differ a great deal between the two speeds. You can further refine the bass response using the bass alignment slider in the Settings module.
Slate Digital VTM Virtual Tape Machines Plug-In Features
- Most advanced, dynamic, true-to-life analog tape emulation ever achieved
- 2 tape machines, 2 inch 16 track deck, 1/2" 2 track mastering deck
- VTM is a dynamic, interactive, living, breathing replication of tape recording. No static modeling.
- 2 tape speeds, 30ips and 15ips
- 2 tape types/formulations, classic FG456 and modern FG-9
- Input, Output, Bias controls (3 Bias settings - Normal, Low & High Bias)
- Constant gain I/O, grouping (slave instances to one plugin)
- Noise reduction control and auto mute
- Wow & Flutter control
- Bass alignment control
- Level Calibration
- VU ballistics
- Grouping control
- Settings global or per channel
- Tape reels start and stop in sync with DAW transport
Slate Digital VTM Virtual Tape Machines Plug-In Specifications
- System Requirements:
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14
- Intel Processor, 4GB RAM
- AU, VST2, VST3, or AAX 64-bit host
- Windows 8 or 10
- Intel or AMD Processor, 4GB RAM
- VST2, VST3, or AAX 64-bit host
Slate Digital VTM Virtual Tape Machines Plug-In Includes
- License for Slate Digital VTM Virtual Tape Machines Plug-In
Slate Digital VTM Virtual Tape Machines Plug-In Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Slate Digital Registration Process
New to Slate Digital Plug-ins? No worries! This video will sho...
Slate Digital VTM - Tech Talk with Fabrice Gabriel
Fabrice Gabriel discusses technical aspects of the Virtual Tap...
Slate Digital Making Of: Virtual Tape Machines VTM
Steven Slate discusses the making of the Slate Digital Virtual...
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
One of the Best tape plugin emulation ever made...