The Shure X2U XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter is a compact universal microphone to USB adapter that enables you connect any microphone directly to your computer. Slim, portable and simple to connect, the plug-and-play X2U adapter makes it easy to record whenever you want.
The Shure X2U XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter connects any XLR microphone to a computer for recording with headphone monitoring. It features USB connectivity, integrated preamplifier with Microphone Gain Control, and Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback. The Shure X2U, combined with any wired microphone can be easily connected directly to a computer without the need for any additional hardware. This would make it ideal for home recording studios.
The Shure X2U is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 (32 & 64 bit), Vista (32 & 64 bit), XP, 2000 and Max OS X (10.1 or later). It features a built in headphone jack so that you can monitor the sound without the need for an additional sound card. It also includes an integrated pre-amp with mic gain control which allows you to control the signal strength.
Connectivity with Condenser Microphones
The Shure X2U does have phantom power so yes you can connect your condenser microphone straight into the computer.
Latency can be described as the time taken between initiating a request in the computer and receiving the answer. You can expect zero latency monitoring with the Shure X2U. Zero-latency monitoring means real-time playback and multi-tracking without delay and 16-bit/48 kHz sample rate provides better-than-CD-quality audio.
Monitor Mix Control
With Monitor Mix Control (which is featured on the Shure X2U) you can blend the mic signal and audio playback as you desire.
Shure X2U XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter Features
- USB Plug and Play connectivity
- Compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 7, 8, 10 and Mac OS X (10.1 or later)
- Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack with volume control for monitoring
- Monitor Mix Control for blending microphone and playback audio
- Provides +48V phantom power for use with condenser microphones
Shure X2U XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz +/- 1 dB
- Power Requirements: USB-Powered, 500 mA, Maximum
- Digital Noise Floor (20 Hz to 20 kHz, A-weighted):
- Minimum MIC GAIN Setting: -81 dB FS
- Maximum MIC GAIN Setting: -78 dB FS
- Sampling Rate: Up to 48 kHz
- Bit Depth: 16 Bit
- Peak Signal Indicator (Tri-Color):
- OFF: -30 dB FS
- Green: -30 to -12 dB FS
- Yellow: -12 to 0 dB FS
- Red: > 0 (Digital Converter Clipped)
- Adjustable Gain Range: 40 dB
- Headphone Output: 3.5 mm (1/8 inch)
- System Requirements:
- USB: USB 1.1 or 2.0, Powered
- RAM: 64MB RAM (Minimum)
- Operating System: Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 7, 8, 10 & Mac OS X (10.1 or Later)
Shure X2U XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter Includes
- 1 x Shure X2U XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter
- 1 x 3 m (9.8 ft) USB Cable
- 1 x Padded Zipper Pouch
- 1 Year Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review