Shure KSM44A/SL Multi-Pattern Microphone
The Shure KSM44A/SL Multi-Pattern Microphone employs transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented audio quality and performance.
The KSM44A/SL is a premium, large-diaphragm, side-address condenser microphone with multiple polar pattern options (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional). The refined and sophisticated design of the KSM44A/SL features an externally biased, dual 1-inch diaphragms, extensive internal pop filtering and Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology for a ground-breaking threshold minimum of self-noise. The KSM44A/SL is the premier choice for the highest level of professional studio and stage performance. A milestone achievement in sound reinforcement, Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology employs transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented audio quality and performance.
Shure KSM44A/SL Multi-Pattern Microphone Features
- Prethos Advanced Preamplifer Technology: Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier provides transparency, extremely fast transient response and no crossover distortion. Minimizes harmonic and intermodulation distortions.
- Groundbreaking specifications: 4dB of self-noise and max SPL of 131 dB for a total dynamic range of 127 dB - an increase of 7 dB that defines the new standard for cleanly nuanced audio capture
- Multiple polar patternsâ?"cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional - for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Dual 1 inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 Karat gold-layered, low mass diaphragms provide superior frequency response
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz.
- Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted stand vibration noise or counteract proximity effect
- Integrated three-stage protection grille reduces plosives and other breath noise
Shure KSM44A/SL Multi-Pattern Microphone Recommended Uses
- Studio Ensemble
- Studio Vocals
- Acoustic Bass
- Acoustic Guitar
- Guitar Amp
Shure KSM44A/SL Multi-Pattern Microphone Includes
- Locking aluminum carrying case
- ShureLock shock mount
- ShureLock stand mount
- Protective velveteen pouch
What We Think - Shure KSM44A/SL Review
The Shure KSM 44A/SL is an excellent multi-purpose microphone, equally suited for vocals as it is on drum overheads, toms, stringed instruments, guitar cabinets, and pretty much anything else you can think to aim it at. Lots of great accessories, sturdy construction, and classic sound, make the Shure KSM 44A/SL a microphone that is a must have (we suggest a pair for stereo recording) and that you'll lean on for years to come.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review