Shure Beta 181/C Side-Address Cardioid Instrument Microphone
The Shure Beta 181/C Ultra-Compact Side-Address Cardioid Instrument Microphone, a precision-engineered ultra-compact, small-diaphragm side-address condenser microphone with interchangeable polar pattern capsule options.
Shure Beta 181/C Ultra-Compact Side-Address Cardioid Instrument Microphone Details
The Shure Beta 181 is an ultra-compact, small-diaphragm side-address condenser microphone, designed for discrete placement and control in live and studio environments. Featuring interchangeable cardioid, supercardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional capsule options for superior versatility, the small diaphragm design provides superior audio with consistent, textbook polar responses in a form factor small enough to get close to the source in the tightest conditions.
Shure Beta 181/C Ultra-Compact Side-Address Cardioid Instrument Microphone Features
- Interchangeable polar pattern capsules attach to a compact XLR preamplifier with integrated XLR connections for the ultimate in low-profile application flexibility (each Beta 181 ships with one polar pattern capsule and one XLR preamplifier)
- Precision-engineered, compact side-address design features innovative locking ring to provide secure connection between capsule and preamplifier
- Available in the following polar pattern options:
- Beta 181/C (cardioid) for drum overhead, piano, acoustic instrument applications, M/S stereo technique (paired with Beta 181/BI)
- Beta 181/S (supercardioid) for snare drum, acoustic instrument, close-miking applications
- Beta 181/O (omnidirectional) for ambient/room, instrument ensemble applications
- Beta 181/BI (bidirectional) for mono drum overhead, dual instrument sound source applications, Blumlein stereo technique (pair of Beta 181/BI)
- Capsules available separately for custom flexibility
- Frequency response tailored for wide dynamic range applications for use in high SPL environments
- Furnished with stand adapter, windscreen and carrying case (carrying case will securely protect up to four polar pattern capsules)
What We Think - Shure Beta 181/C Review
For more than 80 years, Shure has continually knocked it out of the park, and the Beta181 is no exception. The interchangeable capsule design makes it an extremely flexible and versatile microphone. Each capsule exhibits a slightly different EQ response, but the mic remains clean, detailed, and smooth. Not only is it a pleasant mic to listen to, it is (as all Shure products), a tank. No worries about this mic failing, or not being able to handle the road. One of the most impressive features is the rejection, I have found one of the rarest mics in the Beta181 â?" a condenser that can actually be used on snare drum, without worry of too much hat bleed. And the side address design, makes proper and flexible mic placement, a breeze. My experiences with this mic, have been great, and it is just another testament to why Shure remains a significant player in the pro audio world.
- Ryan Ferris
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review