The Serpent Audio Splice 500 MKII 500-Series Compressor has that classic tone and behavior we all love and rely on in the studio. And as we all know, a great FET comp is perfect on drums. With built-in parallel processing, stereo linking, and switchable tonal modes (among many other features) it is only natural to get the Splice 500 MKII in pairs for drums and mic bus!
The Serpent Audio Splice 500 MKII5 00-Series Compressor offers that loved tone and punch of the classic FET compressor we all rely on, but brings in a lot of needed features. Being stereo linkable (with the included linking cable), this makes the Splice 500 MKII perfect for bus and parallel processing applications, be it drum bus, guitar bus, stereo backing vocals, or mix bus, the Splice 500 can handle it all. Further it can be gentle (with it's 2:1 ratio), or super aggressice (with the "Slam" mode), and all the varying degrees in between. So you can dial in the perfect punch, definition, character, or subtle control you need, and blend with the wet/dry knob for the proper treatment of your audio.
The Serpent Audio Splice MKII SA-76 500-Series Compressor packs all of the sound and functionality of the acclaimed Splice MKII rack into a single 500 series module. Faithfully recreating the circuitry and sound of not one, but two classic FET compressors, the Splice-500’s unique mode switching allows the user to switch between the classic Blackface or vintage Bluestripe circuits at the push of a button. In addition, the Splice-500 can also mix and match the two for entirely new sounds that can only be found with the Splice (i.e. Blue Input Circuitry + Black Output Circuitry for “Blueface” mode or Black Input Circuitry + Blue Output Circuitry for “Blackstripe” mode.
The SPLICE-500 MKII can be stereo linked with a second unit for stereo applications using the supplied cable. To connect two SPLICE-500 MKII units together, connect the supplied cable from J202 on unit “A” to J202 on unit “B”. The link wire can be secured in the wire hook on the PCB. Stereo mode is enabled by placing the “Link” toggle switch on both units to the up position.
Serpent Audio Splice 500 MKII 500-Series Compressor Features
- Made in the USA
- Four Compressor circuits in one box:
- Input Circuit Black + Output Circuit Black = “Classic Blackface Mode”
- Input Blue + Output Blue = “Classic Bluestripe Mode”
- Input Blue + Output Black = “Blueface Mode” (Unique to the Splice)
- Input Black + Output Blue = “Blackstripe Mode” (Unique to the Splice)
Serpent Audio Splice 500 MKII 500-Series Compressor Specifications
- Stereo Linkable w/ front panel switch
- “All Buttons In” / Slam Mode front panel switch
- Integrated Mix/Blend Control w/ switchable bypassing for in-the-box parallel processing
- Integrated Sidechain High Pass Filter
- Selectable 600R Output loading allows the user to easily optimize the Splice™ for use with both vintage and modern equipment
- 45dB of Gain (with no limiting)
- Attack Time – 20 to 800 Microseconds
- Release Time – 50 Milliseconds to 1.1 Seconds
- Compression Ratios – 2:1, 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1 & Soft Bypass (BP)
- LED Gain Reduction Meter
Serpent Audio Splice 500 MKII 500-Series Compressor Includes
- 2x Splice 500 MKII 500-Series Compressor
- 2x Stereo Link Cable (one with each unit)
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review