Rupert Neve R6 6-Slot 500-Series Rack
The Rupert Neve Designs R6 is a 6-Slot 500-Series Rack, with it's abundant power and versatile connectivity, delivers peace of mind for engineers who demand a higher degree of confidence in their 500 series racks.
The Rupert Neve Designs R6 delivers Power You Can Trust. Power-wise, the R6 has more than 150% the required current for a 6-space chassis to prevent the power rails from failing under a higher than expected load. To help monitor and troubleshoot problematic modules, the R6 is equipped with LED current metering to show how much power is being used. The internal power supply itself has been carefully designed and double shielded to avoid significant magnetic induction in any of the channel positions. With such attention to providing and monitoring power, the R6 helps your modules realize their fullest potential.
Connect Like Never Before
With a plethora of connections available, the R6 backpanel is practically a patchbay on its own. The R6 features 8 channels of balanced I/O options including DB-25, XLR and TRS that may be used interchangeably. This versatility is especially handy when you are taking the R6 with you to another environment where you are unsure of the cables available, or if you need to convert DB-25, XLR or TRS connections to another format using the THRU functionality on channels 7-8.
Solid Steel Construction
The chassis is comprised of solid steel with bumpers to support the unit in both horizontal and vertical configurations, and features a collapsable handle for portability. All connectors and fittings are of the highest quality to ensure that the R6 will hold up to many years of use.
A New Level of Confidence in the 500 Series
Because the R6 is built to 500 series specifications, it will work flawlessly with any properly designed 500 series module you wish to include in it. To help accommodate modules that are slightly out of spec, the R6 has variable-position screw holes to make the installation process go more smoothly. The 500 series link function can be enabled in pairs on the R6 using the link jumpers on Channels 1-2, 3-4, or 5-6. Matching blank panels are also available to cover any empty slots.
Rupert Neve R6 6-Slot 500-Series Rack Features
- Massive Connectivity: Interchangeable XLR, TRS, and DB-25 I/O connections are provided to ensure that you can connect wherever you go with the backpanel patchbay
- Over 150% Reserve Power: Even with modules that overdraw the 500 series specification (by up to 190%), the R6 has the reserve power to maintain the voltage
- Power Monitoring: An LED Meter monitors the R6 current usage to ensure that you never run short on power. This meter can also be useful for troubleshooting a module that is severely overdrawing its allotment
- Channel 7-8 Thru Conversion: The channel 7-8 thru connections can be used as a way to quickly and easily convert your signal from/to DB-25, XLR, and TRS connectors
- 48V Phantom Supply: Provide rock-solid phantom power to your microphones with the R6's robust 48V buss
- "Built For The Road" Frame: A solid steel enclosure, two sets of rugged rubber feet for horizontal and vertical mounting and a collapsible handle make the R6 completely portable and ready for the road
- Rack Mountable: Add the optional Rupert Neve Designs R6 Rack Mount Kit to adapt your R6 to any standard 19-inch rack. This rack kit is available for R6 racks with serial numbers higher than 250 (shipped after June 2015). When the bottom feet are removed, the R6 takes up 3U of rack space.
Rupert Neve R6 6-Slot 500-Series Rack Specifications
- DC Voltage to Units: +/-16VDC and +48VDC for phantom power
- Max Current: 1000mA for modules, 150mA for 48V phantom power
- Power Requirements: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 50 Watts
- Weight: 9.5lbs
- Dimensions: 13 long x 7.5wide x 5.5 high
Rupert Neve R6 6-Slot 500-Series Rack Includes
- R6 6-Slot 500-Series Rack
- User Guide / Owners Manual
- IEC Power Cable
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
What We Think
The Rupert Neve Designs R6 6-Slot 500-Series Rack is a beautiful piece of engineering. Tons of power and features that take the 500 series to a whole new level. Nothing unnecessary, and everything essential is overbuilt. Well done, Mr. Neve and Co.!
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
great power supply, love the fact it has DB-25 with accessibility to channels 7-8. Some of the screws for the modules can be tough to get but all in all great.
had a fredenstein that was a little noisy and upgraded to this 500 rack. Its working like a dream so far and very much worth the extra money in my mind.