RME M-32 DA MADI/ADAT to Analog Converter
The RME M-32 DA MADI/ADAT to Analog Converter is a 32-channel high-end DA converter, easy to operate yet having a comprehensive feature set. The M-32 DA combines excellent analog circuit design with the latest converter chips and RME's superior SteadyClock, resulting in a state-of-the-art DA conversion - not less than 32 times!
The RME M-32 DA MADI/ADAT to Analog Converter has been conceived and optimised for professional studio, stage, and broadcast applications. Combinations of the RME M-16 DA and RME M-32 DA converters allow for setups with 16, 32, 48, or 64 channels, according to your individual application or budget. The RME M-32 DA's unique set of features includes three hardware reference levels up to +24 dBu, MADI I/O and ADAT input up to 192 kHz, 6.3mm TRS and D-sub outputs, remote control via MIDI, and operation across a wide range of mains voltages, all packed into a 2U enclosure.
The RME M-32 DA offers an outstanding DA conversion from MADI and ADAT formats in a compact 19" unit with only 2U height. The balanced analog outputs based on RME's reference design from the ADI-8 QS guarantee excellent S/N and THD specs across a wide analog level range. Three different hardware levels are available. Using up-to-date converter technology, the device not only works up to 192 kHz, but also reaches a real-world signal-to-noise ratio of 118 dBA - on all channels. The units have separated driver stages for the TRS and D-sub outputs. The servo-balanced TRS jacks will work up to +21 dBu. When selecting +24 dBu the balanced D-sub connector outputs will provide the higher output level while TRS stays at the +19 dBu setting.
SteadyClockTM guarantees perfect sound quality through efficient jitter suppression, making the device completely independent from the quality of external clock signals. Intelligent Clock Control not only displays every clock status by means of flashing LEDs, but will also retain the last valid input sample rate in case of failure of the external source. Other renowned RME technologies like SyncCheck allow quick detection of clock problems.
All M-series converters are fully remote controllable and configurable via MIDI. Each unit's complete status can be monitored, including all the front panel's displays. Individual IDs can be set for each unit, for separated control of multiple units via a single MIDI channel. Control software for Mac and PC is supplied and allows easy remote control, also with MIDI transfer via MADI (MIDI Extender).
The M-series has optical and coaxial MADI inputs. In case of failure of an input signal, the source is switched immediately, if a valid signal is present on the other input.
The RME M-32 DA's four ADAT inputs provide simple connectivity with other studio equipment. A combination with RME's HDSPe RayDAT makes a perfect partnership, realizing the transfer of 32 channels from a Mac or PC with regular optical Toslink cables at an unbeatable price.
All settings are retained when the unit is powered off.
The MADI input serves not only as audio source and optional external clock source, but also as MADI pass-through input. Since the RME M-32 DA converts only 32 channels of the MADI signal, all channels of the input signal are fed back to the output. Additional RME M-32 DA or RME M-16 DA can be connected serially to convert the remaining signals, in any combination up to a maximum of 64 channels: One RME M-32 DA with one or two RME M-16 DA or up to four RME M-16 DA.
As MADI covers long distances up to 2 km, even the same channels can be converted in several different (electrically separated) locations, with comfortable and unambiguous front panel channel selection.
The number of channels that can be achieved with MADI depends on the sample rate range. At 48 kHz there are up to 64 channels, at 96 kHz 32, at 192 kHz 16 channels. Therefore at 192 kHz the RME M-32 DA can only work as 16 channel converter.
The number of channels that can be achieved with ADAT depends on the sample rate range. At 48 kHz there are 8 channels per port, at 96 kHz 4, at 192 kHz 2 channels. Therefore at 192 kHz the M-32 DA can convert only 8 channels via its four ADAT ports.
RME M-32 DA MADI/ADAT to Analog Converter Connectivity
- 32 x Analog Out
- 1 x MADI I/O (Optical and Coaxial)
- 4 x ADAT In (TOSLINK)
- MIDI I/O (5-pin DIN)
- Word Clock I/O (BNC)
RME M-32 DA MADI/ADAT to Analog Converter Features
- 32-channel DA converter, double balanced output, 118 dBA
- 19" Enclosure with only 2 units height
- 1 x MADI I/O, 32 channels @ 96 kHz, 16 channels @ 192 kHz
- 4 x ADAT In, 16 channels @ 96 kHz, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- Automatic Delay Compensation: no user operation necessary when stacking units
- 32 LED level meters with 6 LEDs each
- SteadyClock(TM) - pristine sound quality independently from the quality of the external clock signal
- SyncCheck(TM) - unique technology to check clock synchronization
- Noise suppression on power-on and power-off at the analog outputs
- All settings are stored permanently
- Fully remote controllable via MIDI and MIDI over MADI
RME M-32 DA MADI/ADAT to Analog Converter Specifications
- Input DA: 4 x ADAT optical, 1 x MADI optical/coaxial
- Output DA: 1/4" TRS jack servo balanced, up to +21 dBu. 25 pin D-sub, balanced, up to +24 dBu
- Dynamic Range DA (SNR): 114 dB RMS unweighted, 118 dBA
- THD DA: < -104 dB (< 0.00063%)
- THD+N DA: < -100 dB (< 0.001%)
- Crosstalk DA: > 110 dB
- Frequency Response DA, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 22 kHz (sf 48 kHz)
- Frequency Response DA, -0.5 dB: < 5 Hz - 34 kHz (sf 96 kHz)
- Frequency Response DA, -1 dB: < 5 Hz - 50 kHz (sf 192 kHz)
- Input Level for 0 dBFS: +24 dBu, +19 dBu, +13 dBu
- Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz, variable (Sync/WC)
- Jitter: Typical < 1 ns for internal, Word Clock, ADAT and MADI input
- Jitter Suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- Jitter Sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 100 ns
- Power Supply: Internal switching mode PS, 100V - 240V AC, 60 Watt
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 483 x 88 x 200 mm
RME M-32 DA MADI/ADAT to Analog Converter Includes
- RME M-32 DA
- Power Cord
- RME Driver CD
- Optical Cable (TOSLINK), 2 m (6.6 ft)
- User Manual
RME M-32 DA MADI/ADAT to Analog Converter Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review